Teenage Problem

Teenage Problem

A Poem by Plagued Monumentally

"Who are you?" The person reflected in the mirror asks,
"I'm the person you wish to be, but you hide under those masks."
If I could be like that, 
maybe some people would stop referring to me as fat.

I close my eyes, stepping in your shoes for a couple moments,
maybe then people would stop all of these torments.
But then I open my eyes, realizing that your shoes are filled.
By you.

© 2011 Plagued Monumentally


Author's Note

Plagued Monumentally
Basically, I got inspiration by the quote "everyone else is taken, so just be yourself."

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good work here. The juxtapositioning is great.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This quote is expertly executed through out this poem. Don't ever mold yourself for someone else's benefit. It is one of the worst things that you could ever do because if you are trying to be someone else then you are containing all the greatness inside of you that you could use to do positive things like inspire others, help them through a tough time, in this way you are making the world better even if its just one person at a time, great poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


True and simple:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Extremely well done. Keep on penning.

Posted 12 Years Ago


...great poem: profoundly simple & simply profound...:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
maybe the person staring back at you is the real you and you are just a reflection of you...confused? so am I..intelligent write..what we see through our own eyes is not always a true reflection of ourselves because we are so much more than what we see...

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow, I think everyone needs to read this. Usually I am toatally dissatisfied by short poems but this is perfect! The message is great, I need to take this for myself! You are an amazing writer. Please keep writing. I love your writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awesome write! Its short but full of meaning! Everyone needs to be themselves!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow this is great! it's hard being yourself and finding yourself in the middle of all this bull crap that is life. It's important to have an identity, but it has to be all you, not a collect of other people you've decided to throw together and try to imitate. This is so true! It's a lovely and honest poem :) thanks for posting!

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2304 Views
38 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 10, 2011
Last Updated on August 16, 2011

Author

Plagued Monumentally
Plagued Monumentally

MS



About
So it's been a couple years since I've been on this site, and lots has changed. Most of my writing is between two to three years difference to the stuff I'm writing now. Please pay attention to the di.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Rebecca Rebecca

A Poem by Tate Morgan