Deja vu

Deja vu

A Poem by Muse

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



M
y life
, sometimes I  ponder,
God.....did he fashion my hands and skin from another?
Am I just a recovered tired vessel,
refurbished lung and breath, reassembled, to be something fragile?
 
My fears and defects I feel are not my own,
borrowed and rented maybe, from someone once known.
Your voice just a proverbial song.
It feels ancient, but like an undercurrent, it carries me along. 
 
My story perhaps is a plagiarism of you,
a reincarnation of what I might answer, and what I might do.
With every deliberate ill-mannered step,
someone before me, has already passed, lingered, and slept.
 
My soul, has it lived before?
It seems to be the same narrow path, but a different revolving door.
Seeking answers in restorative dreams,
this body, however temporary, is not what it seems.
 
My thumbprint, a reminder of her,
your girlish vision, a familiar relic, with a haunting blur.
Is this a case of refuted Deja vu?
Or just maybe, she's a vicarious spirit, that has been there too.

© 2014 Muse


Author's Note

Muse
At a very young age, as young as 3 or 4, I would dream over and over again, that I was some young girl from India. Royalty perhaps, or a servant to royalty. I found it odd that I would dream about such a thing at an age, when I had yet to even understand or comprehend countries or cultures such as India. Nevertheless, with these dreams still vivid, and a feeling of deja vu every now and then. I found a picture that reminded me of "Her". The girl in my dreams....

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Rebirths and reincarnations are aplenty in Indian mythology, but I was really drawn in by the concept when I read about the River Lethe in Greek mythology where souls would go to wash the memories clean of their previous life. It's all so... fascinating.

This is indeed a marvellous poem, searching for answers we may never find. I felt "My story perhaps is a plagiarism of you" was a brilliant line!

Posted 11 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This was kinda sad but vividly discribed.
A dream of being someone else in a different
place or time has got to be the ultimate
deja vu.....

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very evocative piece. The questions, which seem somehow to have the shadows of answers, draw the reader in to your thoughts, into your visions, into your seeking. We feel that "been there, done that" tug with you.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm speechless, which might not be the greatest state of mind to be in while reviewing someone else's work. I guess that's a review all its own. I loved your explanation of it just as much as your writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Teh soul is connected deeply the Almighty it never take birth or death and no barrier of the destination.... nice poem, and our belief is not a Fudal god and a fools Paradise.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I feel like I've read this poem before...hmmm.
I have my own theory on Deja vu's but that's another story for another time...in the meanwhile as I read this poem..I kept thinking reincarnation...maybe, Muse is talking about reincarnation..but by the last paragraph, you tied it all together..in quite the masterful way, I might add... and it made perfect sense (as much sense Deja Vu and reincarnation can be)
The style and flow of this poem was seamless and flawless and your rhyming, half rhyming, off rhyming, imperfect rhyming...whatever you chose...worked perfectly.
Rhythm and timing seemed to work better when read aloud...but that's me.
I really loved this, Muse
so thought provoking and skillfully penned
If you want to read a great book on reincarnation, read "The Search for Bridey Murphy" I read it in my 20's..a few years past. You will be enthralled.
allen

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ironic for me in that I've had a series of such moments; like capturing lightning in a bottle. I've never understood the source of these sentiments, or quick, illusive daydreams, but the power they flicker before our eyes, inside our thoughts, seems born of truth in hiding.
You've illustrated this very nicely in your lines and stanzas, investigating very succinctly the possibilities of life bequeathing life...

Excellent work....!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

the edit sits perfectly ^_^

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is written well and is so beautiful. I felt as if I was in your dream.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Muse what an intriging thought. I strongly believe we have all lived past different lives. I don't know if our purpose is to keep redoing it till we get it right or if just maybe our souls are not done playing yet and want to try again. I love your impression of this. Very vivid and that you still remeber is fantastic... I thought I was strange that there where a few dreams I remember very vividly from a child. Nicely done and the picture is a perfect touch.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4276 Views
96 Reviews
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on August 27, 2011
Last Updated on June 8, 2014
Tags: Deja vu, reincarnation, poem, poetry, life, mystery, religion, faith, spiritual, writing, childhood, God


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sugar and Sun Sugar and Sun

A Poem by Muse


Sssnake Sssnake

A Poem by Muse