Deja vu

Deja vu

A Poem by Muse

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



M
y life
, sometimes I  ponder,
God.....did he fashion my hands and skin from another?
Am I just a recovered tired vessel,
refurbished lung and breath, reassembled, to be something fragile?
 
My fears and defects I feel are not my own,
borrowed and rented maybe, from someone once known.
Your voice just a proverbial song.
It feels ancient, but like an undercurrent, it carries me along. 
 
My story perhaps is a plagiarism of you,
a reincarnation of what I might answer, and what I might do.
With every deliberate ill-mannered step,
someone before me, has already passed, lingered, and slept.
 
My soul, has it lived before?
It seems to be the same narrow path, but a different revolving door.
Seeking answers in restorative dreams,
this body, however temporary, is not what it seems.
 
My thumbprint, a reminder of her,
your girlish vision, a familiar relic, with a haunting blur.
Is this a case of refuted Deja vu?
Or just maybe, she's a vicarious spirit, that has been there too.

© 2014 Muse


Author's Note

Muse
At a very young age, as young as 3 or 4, I would dream over and over again, that I was some young girl from India. Royalty perhaps, or a servant to royalty. I found it odd that I would dream about such a thing at an age, when I had yet to even understand or comprehend countries or cultures such as India. Nevertheless, with these dreams still vivid, and a feeling of deja vu every now and then. I found a picture that reminded me of "Her". The girl in my dreams....

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Rebirths and reincarnations are aplenty in Indian mythology, but I was really drawn in by the concept when I read about the River Lethe in Greek mythology where souls would go to wash the memories clean of their previous life. It's all so... fascinating.

This is indeed a marvellous poem, searching for answers we may never find. I felt "My story perhaps is a plagiarism of you" was a brilliant line!

Posted 11 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

very well expressed and with the explanation of your feelings of reincaration it is true we have these details at an age too young to have understood..I too have had these feelings that I was here in a different body..recycled parts ..well if the dirt is recycled then ..yes..if Dna is recycled then yes again.. makes One think does it not? for an excellent write on a really great and inspiring topic...Laury/ECM

Posted 12 Years Ago


Whether or not I can fully embrace the concept of reincarnation remains an open question. I find solace, rather, in thinking that problems, joys, questions, failures which once I dwelt on in tortured solitude, might be common to the Great Allness that is Humanity. If I could just briefly subsume my massive ego, and accept that I am but a tiny cog in an eternal plan, and that nothing which has happened to me or will happen to me has happened or will happen EXCLUSIVELY to me, but is in fact common to us all, I might feel less alone, and less put upon when they DO occur. Rather than asking "Why ME?", I might instead ask, "Why NOT me?" I think your poem addresses this awareness rather beautifully, with its gentle flow and self-answering questions.
Deja vu, now, is another question...I can remember many times when I have been in the middle of a scenario and felt as though I had done it before, been there before, to the degree that I knew what was going to happen next; spooky, but kinda cool nonetheless!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is such an interesting concept so glad u managed to find the photo and words to express what you held for so long .... At such a young age we are ment to be so close to our past lives that i see no reson why this shouldnt be so :) great write

Posted 12 Years Ago


Were all a matter of thousands of generations passing their goodness and frailties on to the next soul in our line We are truly blessed to know life and live it

Posted 12 Years Ago


These lines entail a premonition, but in fact are all yours… You’re fingerprint like in the end stanza reflects all of that in the verse, as a reader is taken into your world… or the world of a repetitive cycle. The visual clarity you paint here and even to go further to explain in a personal nature is quite a remarkable déjà vu. Thanks for sharing…

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Absolutely fascinating........we need to talk about this..much in common

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A perfect glimpse of the innocent mind, forever searching for answer that may never be found, I love the structure of this piece, an almost story that leads the reader by the hand but never forcing the message at us, well done, great read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Quite possibly your best work, Muse. And I mean that. The rhythm is perfect, as is the rhyme. I feel like I'm there too.

Posted 12 Years Ago


What a wonderful poem, feeling as if you have lived before. Your picture and the poem was well written a perfect reflection of your feelings.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fascinating look within to the mysterious world of our being. Beautifully written.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4281 Views
96 Reviews
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on August 27, 2011
Last Updated on June 8, 2014
Tags: Deja vu, reincarnation, poem, poetry, life, mystery, religion, faith, spiritual, writing, childhood, God


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sugar and Sun Sugar and Sun

A Poem by Muse


Sssnake Sssnake

A Poem by Muse