Love Hidden In October

Love Hidden In October

A Poem by Vertigoingnowhere

It seems as if October snuck up on me. I was so lost in my pathetic August daydreams when suddenly i felt the cool, crisp, Autumn air brush against my face with a bittersweet greeting. I opened my eyes to see the trees smoldering with all shades of orange, yellow, and red. I pulled on my sweat shirt and my old ripped up jeans and buried my face in my thoughts. The fall air sent me into shivers. Then he came along. It felt as if, all at once, the darkness that would swallow me whole, never exsisted. He saw my scars that looked so gruesome, at least to me they did. He did not flee, he did not cringe, he simply scooped me up off of the cold, forsaken ground and carried me out of the darkest cave. He set me down under a tree surrounded by soft, green grass that swayed with the wind. He took a look at my damaged heart. It was covered with cuts, scratches, scars, and stitiches that have a history of tearing from my flesh. I was about to apologize for my broken smile when he grabbed my face and kissed me hard. At first I hesitated. My fears were being awoken, but as he held me in his arms, I felt myself letting go. Letting go of any and all fears of loving again. Letting go of all the pain and sorrow that used to dwell within me. The darkness that once consumed me disinigrated. I gave in and let myself love. As he continued to hold me, as he continued to kiss me, I could feel myself repairing. Then the world melted away.

© 2012 Vertigoingnowhere


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

loving the imagery here!
I opened my eyes to see the trees smoldering with all shades of orange, yellow, and red. I pulled on my sweat shirt and my old ripped up jeans and buried my face in my thoughts. The fall air sent me into shivers. Then he came along. It felt as if, all at once, the darkness that would swallow me whole, never existed"

i love the way you build emotion and atmosphere, you have a real ability to bend and control language

a truly "magical" and loving piece

well done =)

-Roshan

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Vertigoingnowhere

11 Years Ago

really?
Faffy

11 Years Ago

yes, really =)
Vertigoingnowhere

11 Years Ago

why thank you sir :)



Reviews

beautiful :) and let me tell you - i LOVED those lines:
He took a look at my damaged heart. It was covered with cuts, scratches, scars, and stitiches that have a history of tearing from my flesh. I was about to apologize for my broken smile when he grabbed my face and kissed me hard.


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i wasted a beautiful piece on this boy

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nice imagery here impressive and conveying emotion within perfect.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is really deep, you have talent :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I've heard it said that feeling the change of seasons is like falling in love again, and I think we can all relate to that. You chose a major heart theme (love) which all great authors are smart enough to use -- so keep writing! This is good.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
This is beautiful! It gives you a great image of the scenery. Very picturesque.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vertigoingnowhere

11 Years Ago

aw thanks
Beautiful!

Posted 11 Years Ago


A very nice tale of healing. I like the way you led the reader to the positive ending. I like the description. Gave life to the story. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


Vertigoingnowhere

11 Years Ago

thanks :)
great descriptions, especially the word smouldering.

Posted 11 Years Ago


It's great. The feelings aer conveyed in a special way, and it's the kind of thing that makes you want to go "awwww' at the end. I felt 'love,' who was thrown in the trash can, flowed through the blood again.
Keep writing~

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

993 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on October 31, 2012
Last Updated on November 16, 2012

Author

Vertigoingnowhere
Vertigoingnowhere

Sarasota, FL



About
My name is Hannah. I am 18 years old and a senior in high school. To my wonderment I am survived it. These are my adventurers and devestations as I stand my ground, cuss out society and of course, th.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Happy Happy

A Poem by Cocoacandy


Zompire Zompire

A Poem by Cocoacandy