Brokenhearted...

Brokenhearted...

A Poem by Vertigoingnowhere
"

something i wrote in geometry class after a bad breakup...

"

I didn't see this coming, not at all that day. It came as a surprise, watching you walk away.

You said it wasn't my fault, that the love you used to feel was gone. All I could think was what went wrong.

When I read your words my heart started drumming. I was in shock, I didnt know what was happening.

Then it hit so hard, my heart is broken. Beyond repair with bleeding cuts and open scars.

 I fell to my knees and stared to ball. I kept on crying and my fist met the wall.

You told me I was your heaven above. but how I read that now is just your dusty old rug.

The pain is bad, how i feel is worse. I'm so sorry heart for all this hurt.

Then I was surprised to hear that you wanted me back, that it was fine and that you wanted to wipe my tears.

You put me through hell, you made me a wreck. You must be on drugs to think I'd take you back.

You said that I should take a chance.I decided to walk, didnt take another glance.

My heart is broken, torn in 2, now all I m gonna do is try to forget you... 

© 2011 Vertigoingnowhere


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Broken hearts hurt like hell but they mend and find a way of putting themselves back together again.

Wholesome, stronger, ready to love again!

A beautiful heartfelt write



Posted 12 Years Ago


It's sad, but it was the right thing to turn away the chance. That boy would play with your heart, crushing you so much that you would become hallow. I like it :)
It really expresses your feelings.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great poem. Tho the ending was sad, that was the part i loved the most.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is amazing very sad tho.... I like it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


So brillantly said, Made me sad a bit. Well expressed.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nicely said, always a difficult topic.

Nitpicks; broken - broke?
but how I read that now is just your dusty old rug - needs revising
You must be on drugs to think I'd take you back - possible revising

Posted 12 Years Ago


This made me ache... read your note.. then your heartfelt, painful words... being torn apart... and whether a month, a year, or 20 years, the sorrow and hurt is overwhelming. So powerful, my friend.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Wow... Who knew we could be so alike? I know how that feels too! Amazing work. Truth is located in everywhere throughout this poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


this is really well done. i liked it:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


thank you......thank you ....i need this....

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

508 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 12, 2011
Last Updated on November 30, 2011

Author

Vertigoingnowhere
Vertigoingnowhere

Sarasota, FL



About
My name is Hannah. I am 18 years old and a senior in high school. To my wonderment I am survived it. These are my adventurers and devestations as I stand my ground, cuss out society and of course, th.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Brushes Brushes

A Poem by Robin


Breathe Breathe

A Poem by Robin


Perspection Perspection

A Poem by Robin