A first draft of the first paragraph

A first draft of the first paragraph

A Story by hitthefan
"

just want some feedback on this thing i wrote, it's not finished (obviously) and i don't even know where I'm going with it, but I'll try to write some more and post that here as well

"

Today was a gray day. A very gray day. Like the earth had decided to not leave bed this morning and had covered itself in a big gray blanket, trying to ignore the light shining through. I was sitting at the table. Only my step-dad and two little brothers were present for dinner. It was remarkably quiet as we ate our cold, slippery pasta and ranch soiled salad. The wall I was facing had big floor-to-roof windows so we could fully enjoy the view. Big off-white apartment blocks with closed curtains in every window. Tall yellow construction cranes looming behind them. Everything, of course, brought together by a never-ending dark gray canvas. The environment I found myself in would bore the average child to death. I guess I’m not the average child. With my guts filled up I leaned back in the tiny foldable chair and stretched my fingertips all the way out behind me. A confused glare was facing me from the little ranch soiled boy next to me. For a quick second I considered my option. Normally I’d give a hard stare of superiority back, but this wasn’t the day.

© 2017 hitthefan


Author's Note

hitthefan
constructive criticism, please

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
Added on October 11, 2017
Last Updated on October 11, 2017
Tags: notfinished, short, story, help

Author

hitthefan
hitthefan

the best city, the best region, Norway



About
I'm a young noob writer more..

Writing