a winter breath

a winter breath

A Poem by hoyt
"

a stream of consciousness write. for maginations contest. Just wrote and stopped. and "a winter breath" sounded better than "stuff i thought as i walk from my truck to the house"

"




 I end the day, with whatever it has brought forth,
Whether it be peace , calm or bullshit,
there is always the hope of a peaceful moment in the evening.
I walk out of my truck and head to my porch pausing to look at the trees.
Trees now silent and barren . No leaves to rustle in the breeze.
Only the sound of the breeze itself whistling in bony twigs and limbs.
 The leaves now lie dead on the ground. Grass brown and dry.
 Crisp cool air notifying those that feel it that winter now is having its turn.
Seasons are so often a metaphor for life, spring is birth, summer is life,
autumn is maturity giving it’s colorful exit, and winter, well some say it ids death.
When all falls silent, and the cold reminds of endings, life gone.
Not me!..I love winter. Come to think of it I love spring, summer and fall too.  
But winter that is now upon us isn’t just a dead season. It is a season of rejuvenation. When snow covers the ground and gives a sense of cleansing and purity to nature and life, well, that  I feel is also what happens in our winter.  No not our winter  as in when we die. But rather the winters we face in life , that our life experiences cause to seed the ground of our soul as surely as seeds fall from trees and flowers and hide in the cold ground to awaken with the warmth of spring.
The time In the ground we don’t see it, but it is germinating, transforming quietly underground and spring will not be just a new season, but also a season of showing what is now silent  in full volume.
Lie quietly peaceful winter.
Enjoy the beauty of snow, and even the desolate quiet of cold lifeless nights that are anything but dead.  In stillness and quiet is when some of the greatest moments of life begins.
I’m going in the house now, to my warm blanket  and fresh peaceful thoughts that silence whispered to me and said….life goes on , and it is good.

 

© 2009 hoyt


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really beautiful, and so thought provoking.
I can tell in this poem that you seem to be a deep thinker,
and quite perceptive, something most writers are.
We pay attention to things that most just let go by.

Great Piece!

Posted 14 Years Ago


What a beautiful place your mind is, Hoyt. Most people are just thinking about what's on tv tonight, and here you are, in the span of walking from the house to the truck, and contemplating the cycles of death, birth, and rebirth in the span of the changing seasons! I get such a sense of peace, reading this, it is like time is standing still and waiting for me to catch up to its majesty. Thanks for entering this into my contest!

Posted 14 Years Ago


You give us such a place for hope looking into the eyes of winter: "It is a season of rejuvenation." Oh yes! Such an excellent write. Hope you take the contest by storm!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Okay your little note under the title is hilarious..
ok got that out of the way, now I can give you a review.

AWESOME!!
How can I review what your mind spits out. You wrote this really good and your love of the seasons is so evident. Great write. I hope you win!! (share the bounty, ok?)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

454 Views
4 Reviews
Added on November 30, 2009
Last Updated on November 30, 2009

Author

hoyt
hoyt

Rockledge, FL



About
HI!... :-) ".."Look in thy heart and write" is good counsel for poets; but when a poet looks in his heart he finds many things there besides the actual. That is why, and how, he is a poet." ...C.S... more..

Writing