What the intellectual mind can not understand, the heart can...

What the intellectual mind can not understand, the heart can...

A Story by IMOGEAN
"

Just some thoughts....

"
It is in my constant search for truth that I have come to this place.
 
 
It is a place that holds the secret of mankind.
 
I am not only a searcher of truth, but I am a scholar, someone who reads over every ancient word and phrase until there is some sort of understanding.
 
I will not be staved off by my own intellect, for I search for the spiritual meaning.
 
 
I strip myself bare of ego, gain and self, which is a feat in itself.
 
To lay bare before God, desiring only to know his will for me, and the power to carry that out, is the most brazen act of humility that I can ever accomplish. 
 
 
As I have read ancient dialogues, scriptures and books of all shapes and sizes, it has come to me how little mankind knows.
 
 
Our primitive minds cannot fathom the truth in completeness.
 
 
 
The bounds of humanity limits many of us to that which can only be understood in the confines, and concepts of the physical.
 
 
But some of us, and you know who you are: can see and feel the truth.
 
 
 
 
 
Truth: it is the voice of God speaking silently and sometimes violently into our hearts that which our intellectual minds will never understand.
 
It is the language of unconditional love that is the most simple concept ever, yet we as humans so often cannot fully grasp it.
 
 
 
Love--it cannot be seen, heard or felt with your physical being. Or, can it?
 
 
 Every tear I have shed is the physical evidence of my spirit crying from within me.
 
Every moment of laughter that I have heard from myself, is the sound of my soul shouting out through time and space, letting me know in the physical realm that it exists.
 
The secrets of man will never fully be understood by intellect, but by something more superior than time, space and physical matter.  
 
The next time you feel lost or afraid in the vast world of the physical, earnestly look within and it is there that you will find truth.
 
 
It is the truth that there is a God, that He understands your pain, that He is your creator and that we are not just particles floating around in and throughout space and time haphazardly.       

© 2008 IMOGEAN


Author's Note

IMOGEAN
I wrote this piece in about 5 minutes. I did not write it with the intention to divulge the answers to the entire universe and God. Had that been my intention, then I would have most likely written a whole lot more. Also, you could at that point, be sure that I am an idiot, because no mortal alive has all of the answers.

My intention was to make people think beyond themselves. In all of the nearly 30 reviews given, no matter if they were negative or positive, the readers mind was engaged and attempted to process what I was saying. No one slept through this writing, and I take that as a great compliment.

God bless you all....

Imogean~

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is such a deep subject with so many avenues that it is going to be difficult for me to review this within a mere few sentences..

...it certainly deserves much more than that.
I will try to keep it contained, though I am bursting at the seams. lol

You get it.
For as much as we are capable..
you have comprehended "it".
Of course,
that is merely my opinion,
and i am but a spec of dust
in eternity...

"But some of us, and you know who you are: can see and feel the truth."

I have felt alone for a very long time. As if I see things that no one else seems to see...
I thought I was...

perhaps insane...
perhaps gifted....
perhaps blessed...
perhaps cursed....

Now that I have read this, its reviews and some other pieces of literature that have found
their way into my path, I realize,

I am not alone. :) I never have been.

This piece is beyond words to compliment it... it's bigger than that.
...it's understood.

May God bless you, always.

Peace, Dani

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Often have I poured through books, often have I stirred over thoughts, often did I question how or why, yet always return to faith, and bask in love and happiness. This write is going to my favorites, it is remarkable and one I want to read and reread. I love the following:

"I will not be staved off by my own intellect, for I search for the spiritual meaning. I strip myself bare of ego, gain and self, which is a feat in itself. To lay bare before God, desiring only to know his will for me, and the power to carry that out, is the most brazen act of humility that I can ever accomplish."

This is a task I also strive, and humbly I admit not always accomplished.
Well done, bravo....

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Love--it cannot be seen, heard or felt with your physical being. Or, can it? Every tear I have shed is the physical evidence of my spirit crying from within me. " These lines just stand out in this. Love can not seen, that is so very true, we can feel it or can we? Wonderful. This is a most wonderful write it is open honest and sincere. Like this alot to ponder on, well written.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 4 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
J
First, I want to thank you for requesting my thoughts ~ it is an honor.

Secondly, these are some remarkable reflections, Imogean. I remember as a child, I would lie in bed and try to imagine "eternity" until I was finally reduced to tears. And still today, it is something not only my feeble mind, but humankind's intellectual capacity, cannot assimilate. Much of what you say fits into this catagory of simply being ill-equipped on the physical level to even grasp, much less believe.

But the intellect ~ ego ~ shares space with the soul ...... none too comfortably, most often, I think. And I wonder myself why this is so, as they seem to be opposing forces. How do we find the harmonious balance when one aspect of the personality must be suppressed in order to fully know truth? Yet, we must deal with this world ...... and to do so with only pure heart and soul is surely a death sentence for all things we hold as thruthful, absolute, innocent .......... without protection of the intellect?

Okay, I am going to make my own self a little nuts here if I continue in this vein. Suffice it to say I have my list of questions for God should I find myself beyond lucky enough to stand before Him one day pleading with my heart in my hands.

It is just all about faith, I'm thinkin. Yet, for me, I wonder how one can look around at the surviving beauty of this world and deny such?

This is stunning beyond anything I've read here in such a long time. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and provoking my own along this line. ;-)

SO well done.
j

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 6 people found this review constructive.

"Our primitive minds cannot fathom the truth in completeness. "
Well, since my alleged mind is about as primitive as they come,
I have no business tangling with a concept like this.

What I will do, since I am faced with this unthinkable dilemna, is
just bow to more complicated minds, the ones with all the adjectives
and stuff like that.
From my limited knowledge of the subject you write about, I would say
that you have deep faith, a sharp, cutting intelligence and the artistic
temperament to write a classic each time you try, this is no exception.

Beautiful writing, a fine example of faith in action.

My favorite !

MY RATE: 100 %
---- Eagle Creuagh

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 4 people found this review constructive.

this is the most wonderful tribute that i have ever read....

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Absolutely soul invigarating work imogean-- what i particularly enjoyed was the captivating
force of flow that seems divine and bursting with emotional enlightenment..speaks on many lelevls
to know what it is to bare spirit for conceptualized changing.. alllowing destiny to take control
as you take the reader to certain sacred places i could feel my heart heat up
very beautiful and warming encouragement entwining awareness. thanks for sharing

The bounds of humanity limits many of us to that which can only be understood in the confines, and concepts of the physical. But some of us, and you know who you are: can see and feel the truth.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.


4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1817 Views
36 Reviews
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on June 12, 2008
Last Updated on June 14, 2008

Author

IMOGEAN
IMOGEAN

Chico, California, CA



About
The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, serenely, divinely aware... And this is why I write: AWARENESS... It is not in the moment that I tasted the delicacies of life .. more..

Writing
Trust Trust

A Poem by IMOGEAN