Dark souls

Dark souls

A Story by izzybella
"

Nicole is a normal teenage girl going on a road trip with her family, but what if one side stop by a run down home exposes a well known threat to her mother, and what if she had a power beyond compare

"

Chapter 1- misty vision

I couldn’t breathe, they were closing in tighter and tighter…. My origins felt like they would squeeze out of me, the pressure on my sides From there constant hitting “STOP, WHY DO YOU KEEP HITTING EACHOTHER!”  My two brothers were leaned over my squished body as there hands of flailed over me trying to hit each other in a major girl fight. “when I get you, I will, kill you chase!” my brother David and chase always fought, it’s like there a ticking bomb that’s about to blow but it never dose. “MOM!” I made a high pitched squeal halfway through my words for a pinch in my arm. “ get out of the way Trisha” they both pushed me forward as I made the forward motion my face rammed into the middle seat, my face went into a burning pain like when someone hits you. “OK that’s it, if I spend one more second in this car, I will jump out the window!” “Nicole, no need to be so frustrated, feel the wind on your face, and let the breeze take you.” My mom started to breath in and out slowly, I always thought my mom was sort of a nut job, she talks about how the wind should take us and, about how nature is our friend, I use to think she was a native American, mostly because the ones I know, love the earth and nature. I know that sounds sort of racist, but I’m stating a fact, I don’t like to lie or tell the truth so I barley answer questions people ask me. As I was dozing of thinking of lots of things I felt almost eighty pounds crawl over my legs, I broke my trance in my thoughts to see David on me, trying to jump chase. I held him back his legs kicked my stomach, and his arms wiped into my already stinging face from when I was rammed into a seat.” IF YOU BOYS FONT SIT DOWN I WILL PUT YOU IN A TREE AND LEAVE YOU THERE FOR THE WOLVES!” I knew it was a matter of time before my mom would flip out on my brothers, she always males them shut up.

As we drove for over a hour in utterly quite silence, we drove by something that was so cool, lucky for me we had a pit stop near there to eat and go to the bathroom. I looked up towards the top of a house, like one of those homes in the horror movies, like the ones when there haunted. I looked to see if my mom was looking, nope she was texting her boyfriend frank. I ran low to the ground heading for the house, I walked through a thorny bush to find that the home was like the movies, dark, broken, cobwebbed, in the middle of nowhere so no one hears your scream’s. I walked towards the door as my hand started to shake, “no, don’t show fear no matter how scary this is” I thought to myself as my hand touched the cold wet doorknob, I felt like something was going to burst through the weak door as soon as I tried turning the knob. I turned the knob so fast that I threw myself forward into the entrance, as I fell to the wooden floor a bat flew past my face, making me screen so high I could’ve been like the superhero black canary. I bundled myself into a small ball with my legs crunched up into my stomach, and my head buried into my knees. I lifted my head, slowly letting my eyes reveal what lied in the darkness in the distance. It seemed to be something just standing there, just looking at me, a shiver ran up my spine, and I quivered. I had no guts to say “hello?” or “who are you?” I just stood still, like someone glued me to my single position. The figure seemed to sofa float in some misty form, I felt a connection, some sort of odd feeling. I heard the door behind me open and I jump out of my sitting stance, and moved into a on the ground baby stance. As my eyes locked on the door my mom emerged from the door holding her phone up to me, so much for secret side stop.  My mom put her phone in her pocket as she picked me up by my arm, “oh god, I’m lucky I had a tracking device put into one of your fillings” what my mom said  freaked me out, so when I was at the graveyard on Halloween, she knew I was there, and Brad’s party, Jessica’s, oh god.  “mom! Why would you put a tracking device put in my filling!” “because there is just something I need to keep you away from, ok” my mom sounded more worried than when she lost me at the Chicago mall.  She pulled me by my arm, as I was pulled out the door, I looked in the darkness once more, the misty figure was gone, but where did it go?

As we drove on, all I could think was why and what was my mom hiding me from? And what was that misty figure, was I dreaming, did my mom see it, am I crazy, Maybe me getting hit in the face with a seat, impaired my vision. I don’t know why my world is so crazy, stupid brothers, weird mom, now this, it’s not like my life isn’t messed up enough, I don’t need me being a weird mutant or something, but I’m afraid  I can’t say the same for my brothers. Once again I felt my brother squeezing me in, making my origins die inside, I took a deep breath and felt a spark inside me burst, I grabbed chase and pushed him against the door, but what was weird was when I pushed him into the door, he left a large dent in the side of the door, leaving his body shape.

 

 

 

 

 Chapter 2- what are blusks?

My mom was pasting the ground in a mad rush, the dirt beneath her feet swirled in a misty form, it reminded me of the figure. “oh god, no they can’t take her, no” my mom had her hands cupping her mouth, almost crying.” Mom U don’t even know what you talking about, do you need mediation?”

My mom stopped in front of me making me push back a few inches just in case she lost it, my brothers where in the car pressing there already fat faces into the window, acting like sneaky creeps. “ok, ok, I need to tell you, oh no I can’t risk it” my mom kept butting her nails as I grew un patient, “just tell me mom!”  “OK! Ok,” she breathed in deeply and opens her mouth” you’re not normal Trisha, your different”  “aren’t we all?” I stood up face to face with my mom as she slid her hand to my face and creased my cheek, I held her hand as she spoke again.” your not like us Trisha, YOUR DIFRENT” once she restated her words , I understood what she meant, I’m different, so I am weird, great my life turned upside down once again. “well tell me about the guys trying to get me, robbers, kids, freaks?” “no, there called the blusk clan, they are in well, a place called freelan” now I think she’s just making up stuff “ mom come on I’m not a comic book superhero.” She looked at me worried “ I know but, this is true, trust me Trisha, you have something that we can’t understand” “well where do I find these blusks?” I placed one hand on my hip and slightly leaned “ you don’t find them, they find you” “what, why” my mom started to walk in the distance, “MOM!”  “ There not like us, you’re not like us, there spirit like creatures that can hunt you like a animals prey. You can’t hide, they live in the shadows” my mom walked back to the car and opened the door “ were going, now!” I turned my head to the side of the car, I saw the figure again, this time I felt like someone was frustrated and was hunting for someone. “ya , mom, what’s that” my mom lifted her head over the top of the car and scanned the woods, she frowned her brows “its ok Trisha there is nothing there” I looked back, it was still there, am I the only one who can see this? Or maybe these duskens aren’t as fake as I thought.

As the wind blew through my hair, I lean on my arm, this time I was in the front. I looked at my mom, she was tapping the driving week with her index finger. Her grayish hair in her bun was starting to fall out, she looked afraid , afraid of what though, me, the creatures, ever since this trip I’ve been so confused, have I seen these shadows before, I guess once or twice I was was playing with my babies when I was six and a weird figure would pop up over my wall or doorway, but when someone came around they disappeared into a mist. I usually thought it was just my young imagination creating pictures, now it makes sense, I know now that the misty creatures watching me, stalking me. Are the blusk clan.

© 2014 izzybella


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on May 17, 2014
Last Updated on May 18, 2014

Author

izzybella
izzybella

Sudbury, North America, Canada



About
15| Ontario, Canada|Instagram: isabellaborgogelli more..

Writing
Blood Shed Blood Shed

A Book by izzybella