Right-Side-Up

Right-Side-Up

A Story by jenna

It’s amazing how a person can enter your life unexpectedly and have the ability to turn it right-side-up. What was once a dark and cloudy sky, turns into a glistening blue sky as the sun shines upon you. Songs that used to make your heart ache, now makes your heart flutter as you think the one you love. In fact, everything reminds you of them. The smell that never dissipates on the sweatshirt they gave you, cold nights wishing they were there to warm you up, watching a man kiss his girlfriend’s forehead affectionately.

I can’t have the one I love every day, or even when needed most. But he never leaves my mind. His genuine and kind eyes and his dazzling smile as we see each other for the first time in awhile will always brighten up my day when struggling with the distance. He blows the clouds away and allows the light to come shining through. He is the first person I tell my secrets to, and the last person I see before closing my eyes. He will never know how much I love him. How he is the only person to start my day. The person who motivates me to finish the day strong. The doctor who takes care of me. The best friend I can always depend on. And the man I hope to spend the rest of my life with. It’s amazing how a person can enter your life unexpectedly and have the ability to turn it right-side-up, even from far away.

© 2018 jenna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on February 21, 2018
Last Updated on February 21, 2018
Tags: long distance, relationship, love, boyfriend

Author

jenna
jenna

NY



About
Just venting about my life and feelings. Whenever I feel terrible about myself, instead of doing something I regret- I turn to writing. I hope you enjoy more..

Writing
Regrets Regrets

A Poem by jenna


Positivity Positivity

A Poem by jenna