Westhill Consulting Travel & Tours Singapore: Jakarta Weather

Westhill Consulting Travel & Tours Singapore: Jakarta Weather

A Story by jessasiddins
"

Jakarta, the capital and largest city of Indonesia, has a hot and humid tropical wet and dry climate.

"

Jakarta, the capital and largest city of Indonesia, has a hot and humid tropical wet and dry climate.

 

 

Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia, is located at the northwest end of Java Island faces north onto Jakarta Bay and the Java Sea.  Being the regional center for business and culture and is also the jumping off point for reaching the Thousand Islands (Kepulauan Seribu) National Park, Jakarta has been booming on its tourism.

 

 

Located in the cosmopolitan, Jakarta has a superior modern edifices, old colonial style buildings, monuments, mosques and green parks that offer lovely contrasts. Visitor travels around in the central part of the city naming Merdeka Square and the National Monument, Istiqlal Mosque, Jakarta Cathedral.  There are a lot of shopping malls and the gem in the city's crown in the Old Jakarta city quarter.

 

 

Old Jakarta is full of heritage structures.  The examples of these heritage structures are: Wayang Museum, the Port Tower (Menara Syahbandar) and Kota Intan Drawbridge while a cultural park, Taman Mini Indonesia Indah, is in Jakarta's eastern suburbs and features exhibits, cultural shows and reconstructions from all over Indonesia.

 

 

The best time to visit Jakarta is during the dry season months from July to October but due to the drainage system being swamped, the Jakarta weather in the wet season months can cause flooding in parts of the city so this isn’t the best time to visit.  While, visitors who wish to spend the holidays in Pramuka Island or other islands in Kepulauan Seribu near Jakarta may perhaps visit in the rainy season, as it seldom rains for the whole day. 

 

It is the wet season in Jakarta during November till June Jakarta. January is the wettest month of the year when it receives around 400 mm of precipitation. Moreover, the month witnesses only 92 hours of sunshine. Throughout the wet season the average high stands at 32°C while the low falls to 24°C. In fact, temperature hardly varies from season to season in Jakarta.  While the rest of the month remains dry in Jakarta. During Summer Jakarta remains hot and humid with the average high of 34°C while the low stands at mid twenties. Rainfall is very much uncommon in the city, but not rare as September gets around 29 mm of precipitation. Although temperature remains somewhat hotter than those of monsoon months, it is the best season to visit the capital city of Indonesia.

 

 

 

Read more:

 

© 2014 jessasiddins


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The climate in Jakarta is a tropical monsoon climate, which is hot and humid with a year-round rainy season.

Posted 9 Years Ago


The Indonesia Bureau is so informative and with an option to display pages in English. Fairly limited on local radar imagery, but has latest earthquakes etc.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Conditions of the weather are god`s responsibility, people have a prerogative of predictions which are wrong in general.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Jakarta’s climate is tropical and humid almost year-round; as it is so close to the equator, the average temperature is almost exactly the same in January and July at about 82°F (28°C). Variation throughout the day is minimal as well, with low temperatures around 76°F (24°C) and highs of 88°F (31°C). Rainfall is moderate except for the winter months, when it becomes very heavy due to monsoon season. As the city is below sea level, the canal system designed to drain the city of excess water is sometimes overwhelming, and parts of the city are under water for days after a heavy rain. It is best to avoid Jakarta between December and March unless you are prepared to sightsee in galoshes.

Posted 9 Years Ago


The rainy season is not uniform across the archipelago. November through March is the 'normal' rainy season in the western part of the country including Java and Sumatra. The rainy season appears to have already started. We have had rain every day in Jakarta for the last week or so. This has usually been in the late afternoon, but a few days ago it rained all night and today it rained at lunchtime. Normally it doesn't last long - maybe an hour - and you can have a coffee and wait it out.

Posted 9 Years Ago


January is the month with the heaviest rainfall and the city can grind to a stop within hours of a storm. But it's still hot which is nice. Getting to the city can be hard work if there are floods as the road to the city from the airport can flood. The traffic in the rain is shocking, but if the city is under water, then there is no traffic nor anywhere to go because of it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


If it is raining, expect much worse traffic jam all over the city. Thus, try to avoid traveling during office hours

Posted 9 Years Ago


The poverty is very noticeable though, you could have a gated compound for millionaires on one block and on the very next block over some of the most impoverished slums you will ever see. I've never had any issue as an American, probably helps that I look like your typical Chinese, Indonesian, but it becomes apparent I'm not a local when I try to speak a language that I no longer have fluent command of.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Jakarta pretty much has everything you can imagine, and exceptionally cheap. It appears that she already has housing, but one unique thing to me, that I saw in Jakarta, is that some of the shopping malls also have large residential skyscrapers....so that residents in them, can basically just take the elevator down, and be directly and immediately walking around a very large mall.

Posted 9 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1392 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 14, 2014
Last Updated on April 14, 2014
Tags: westhill consulting travel and t, Westhill Consulting Travel Artic

Author