Deliverance

Deliverance

A Poem by Broken Warrior
"

Experience, trials,fears,worries,doubts,agony,joy?

"

A passionate embrace, hope.

A feeling of security lead astray by reality.

Subtle experiences stirrs the mind to wonder; view porcels of chance as possibility.

Impenetrable constraints of life set aflame sudden fear, lasting terror!

Now in a desolate state of mind, truth, the key to set free,

Condemns.

Useless words thrown around.

Aggitates the listeners.

Hearing only now voices in my head, voices of a familiar tone.

I speak to encourage me, I sing to hide myself from scars.

The breath of adversity causes more than shivers to surface;

Initiates worry, doubt, insecurities, sadness, self examination...

Tears have taken refuge behind a heart of stone, a heart of cold.

Mourning grown so deep, now reaps depression,

Depression retreats behind darkness, veiling the guise of absence.

Questioning phrases: "Life is what you make it..."

Is it?

How can this be? Would this not imply that when bad happens we are the ones guilty?

But bad happens with or without cause...

Better to be said "Life is what it is, deal with it"

Who has control over life when the foundation of its existance comprises of every soul and event that inhabbits?

God, now my only Hope.

My only dream. My only desire.

Realising now my focus has been wrong.

In my attempts to serve and be accepted and love,

As insecurity has been my father from birth,

I've lost sight of His will, now forced to pay dearly.

Still He holds me.

Pain comes, and grows, and in its spindle of terror i feel hope, see chance,

Gleaming through the cloudy mist of the future.

He's carried me through before, why will now be any different?

So again a poem of illusive tayloring,

Giving dim light on my case.

'Till again my vision be manifested, pray for the wounded warrior,

Give heart to a familiar cry, for one thing is sincere in its truth,

Noone escapes a valiant battle,

Noone,

Not even you!

© 2018 Broken Warrior


Author's Note

Broken Warrior
Read, Understand, Co-Relate. If you cannot relate to this, your not reading properly.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your writings are true to life. They are very real. It is the underground world of emotions that pregnates the levels of insecurities we dare not dream of. The feelings are given personality and are prtrayed as pawns to the bigger man (Life). You are an honest writer. And a damn good one too! This poem is a read for orators like Plato, Baltasar Gracian and Kanye West. Four stars and a gun salute dude.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

STrength in life is needed to handle your fears or clear your mind of confusion. Great poem you take the readers on a journey around the imperfections of your soul instead of a straight line. That is cool because it made for a wonderful write. I hope you don't try to handle the battle by yourself. There is GOD that if you call can help you solve your fears!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your writings are true to life. They are very real. It is the underground world of emotions that pregnates the levels of insecurities we dare not dream of. The feelings are given personality and are prtrayed as pawns to the bigger man (Life). You are an honest writer. And a damn good one too! This poem is a read for orators like Plato, Baltasar Gracian and Kanye West. Four stars and a gun salute dude.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Life is the not visual but a bunch of immiscible scenarios visited each in their own time. Whether we are spectators or path weavers there is no definite answer but what I can say is death is not end of life but of visibility. This is great.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pretty good write. I know the pain you're going through...or rather, what I know of a trying situation is very painful.
I don't encourage self-torture...and I don't encourage the condoning of confusion...so all I shall say to you is that fear is normal...but it also prevents you from receiving that which God has ordained..and it also prevents you from moving forward in life.
That's all I shall say.
Good write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

in all honesty i've read, understood but cannot relate to this, but i assure you i'm reading properly.
can it not be said that whatever life throws at us, it is by our handling of the situation that brings forth the mantra "life is what you make it?"
if one were to tend to the maladaptive side of the spectrum of course life would be bitter....not BETTER, but BITTER.

two men go thru the same incident. one comes out better b/c of it, the other rues the day of the incident. why is this? it is due to what one man made of the situation in comparison to his neighbour who did something else.

so, are we the ones who cause bad things to happen to us. yes and no. bad things happen to everyone. life is a bag of crises. but how one deals with issues is the difference between the prince and the pauper.

umm...but yeah! enough analysis...i found the construction to be quite sound with a flow that i'd expect to emanate from a pulpit... which alot of ur stuff is and i really enjoy that tone alot... so even tho i may not agree, cant deny a good write...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Questioning phrases: "Life is what you make it..."

Is it?"

My favorite part of this whole poem. *not that i didn't like it as a whole i loved how you brought it together. Your description is on point* But because at this particular line i had to stop reading and think is it? Or is fate what defines life. When bad things happen is it because i made it this way or because fate made it that way.

"How can this be? Would this not imply that when bad happens we are the ones guilty?

But bad happens with or without cause...

Better to be said "Life is what it is, deal with it""

These lines are so true. Keep writing.

D





Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

393 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 22, 2009
Last Updated on August 27, 2018

Author

Broken Warrior
Broken Warrior

Kingston, Jamaica



About
Inherited the love for writing from a family of writing so I use it as a means of expression given the fact that verbal discussion of my issues or cases is not my strong suit. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..