The Raft That Is Writing

The Raft That Is Writing

A Story by John P.
"

Why i love writing.

"

The Raft That Is Writing


It is not possible to hide the fact that I enjoy writing very much. Writing is a new world to me. I can get home after a long, hard day, struggling with personal matters that pierce my mind, intrude my soul, and tear me apart like scissor ramming itself through a weary piece of paper. I will find myself stranded on a deserted island that is life, with no way home.


This is where the writing comes in. I can let my pen run freely across the paper, like an adventorous child would run through a field of flowers in search of new adventures to take part in. The words flow like the fingers of an experienced concert pianist who is living out his dream by playing his piece with the orchestra. I let my imagination bloom like a wild rose, with broad petals that embrace the sunlight coming down from the skies above.


When I write, my head drifts away, like a raft on an ocean. My mind adapts to the emotions that I feel, like the raft would adapt to the oceans currents.


When I feel joy and light, the raft drifts away on the quiet ocean without any trouble at all. You can see the colourful masses of fish curl up underneath the raft of pure curiousity. You feel the head of the shining sun hitting you out of a clear blue sky that you can gaze upon and have your mind dream its way up there, flying freely with the birds up above, piercing the clouds all together.


When I feel depressed, and dark is around me on every corner, the raft is struggling to keep floating. The waves violently bash into the sides of the raft, splitting the once so pure and calm balsa wood boards. The winds throw the raft from side to side, making it weary and confused. The raft experiences so much pain and confusion, just like I do when hurt.


But no matter how I feel, there is always room to write. It has always been, and will always be, the best way to escape this world to create your own worlds on a piece of paper.

© 2014 John P.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a good perspective and metaphor, I am always curious about how other people view their own writing, and what drives it. I seem to be a small minority who doesn't write to vent out emotions which I hold inside. I don't want to escape this world by creating new ones... if anything, the worlds I create are macabre nightmares that make this world seem ideal by comparison; or at least they would, if they were not direct metaphors for this world. I simply write because it is an intellectual pursuit, a way to exercise the mind, and to release ideas which my mind wants to cling to--makes it easier to sleep.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

228 Views
1 Review
Added on February 18, 2014
Last Updated on February 18, 2014
Tags: Writing

Author

John P.
John P.

Bodø, Norway



About
Enthustiastic norwegian writer. Fond of psychological writings. more..

Writing
Anxious Days Anxious Days

A Story by John P.