A Dogs Best Friend

A Dogs Best Friend

A Story by Jonathan Bryant Dean
"

A Dream

"

I have two dogs and a cat of my own, as well as two foster dogs from P.A.W.S. ( Progressive Animal Welfare Society), a not for profit, no-kill shelter for homeless pets. They are located in Butler county Ohio.
PAWS Adoption Center

I am a volunteer dog trainer as well. I specialize in dogs with fear and aggression issues, potty training challenged older puppies and dogs that have never lived inside. I have the experience required to possibly train animals professionally, but the joy of doing this for dogs that need a home is worth much more than any amount of money.

The dogs that I work with would face euthanization in most shelters or county dog pounds.

It is my goal to purchase 65 acres to start a not for profit farm and training center for at risk dogs. In my dream the kennels would be insulated heated and air-conditioned. Instead of traditional kennels, there would be rooms similar to living rooms and bedrooms in a home environment. There would be "doggy doors" with access to fenced acreage for outdoor play and potty breaks. This environment will produce a more adoptable, house broken, home environment friendly, human adjusted dog.

I would also like to foster a working relationship with a facility for troubled youth. The youth would be given the opportunity to help socialize the dogs. The dogs would then give the youth a chance to feel the love and companionship of man's best friend. The desired result would be the rehabilitation and improved confidence of all envolved. An additional benefit will be a new generation of amature, yet very capable dog trainers.

I would call this farm, "A Dog's Best Friend"

Jonathan Bryant Dean
 

© 2008 Jonathan Bryant Dean


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I hope you reach your goal! That's wonderful what your doing! 🐾

Posted 6 Years Ago


Well written, and wonderful aspirations you have here. It does sound like a beautiful environment you've created in your mind for dogs. I hope you reach that goal my friend, and welcome to the Writers Café!

Posted 6 Years Ago


I hope you pursue this and I hope it works out well, I would love to do that some day....Not only ill you be helping animals you will help people too. well done, and its written well....like a proposal of a dream.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Go you. That is the best thing ever- I love dogs-

You're an excellent writer.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1803 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 19, 2008
Last Updated on December 19, 2008

Author

Jonathan Bryant Dean
Jonathan Bryant Dean

Middletown, OH



About
Jonboy may make you mad, but at least he has made you think. "If you get mad, that means that you have an opinion, if you have an opinion, at least you have some conscious thought."--JonBoy There on.. more..

Writing