First

First

A Story by Julia

To me you were just another pawn in my game. Another heart for me to take and destroy. Little did I know that you would win this game and crush my heart as your prize. For the first time, I got butterflies, for the first time I spent hours getting ready before going out. I would do anything to impress you, I was your puppet. You said jump and I said "how high?" I had become just like the men that I had treated as my pets, and then broken. I was no longer the strong, independent girl I prided myself on being. instead I was hopelessly in love. I remember the first time I realized I loved you. You were staring off in the distance and I looked at you and at that exact moment as the sun hit the right side of your face and your eyes turned a new shade of green I've never seen before, I knew you had won, because in that moment you had won my heart but I hadn't won yours.

© 2015 Julia


Author's Note

Julia
ignore grammar problems, what do you think of the dialogue

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Have been in this exact situation. Going into a relationship thinking you are the player and you end up played. Maybe not by the purpose of either individual, but losing the game none the less.

Very relatable for me I loved it great poem!

Posted 8 Years Ago


There is nothing scarier, then the possibility of love, when you know you are in it alone. Beautiful.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 8, 2015
Last Updated on December 8, 2015
Tags: love

Author

Julia
Julia

Writing
My pain My pain

A Story by Julia


Mother Mother

A Story by Julia


Love. Love.

A Story by Julia