Ideal occupation: Dentist

Ideal occupation: Dentist

A Story by Katia
"

A young girl faces a rather strange phobia that could ruin her relationship. Can you guess what that is?

"

 

Say “cheese”! That’s what people say when taking photos of friends and family. It’s an innocent phrase, intending just to reveal other people’s teeth. For Jessica, that was the most horrible, terrifying expression... Jessica was  more or less an ordinary girl with her friends and everything. She was a good student and had a boyfriend, Steve. However, Jessica had something that was troubling her and made her life a little bit more difficult. It was those terrible, ugly white things that emerged from people’s mouths. Those evil things that bite and chew. Teeth.

   Jessica from an early age and for unknown reasons developed a phobia for teeth. She felt appalled at the sight of any kind of tooth. She was trying to forget that she had in her mouth those damn things and that was not really a problem for her. But when she saw people smiling showing their teeth and approching to kiss her, her heart started to beat, her knees trembled, her hands were shaking. Once, aunt Helen, kissed her on the cheek and then, just for fun, she bit it! She bit her cheek, with her big, ugly, yellow from smoke, teeth. Jessica fainted.

    Jessica had a boyfriend, Steve. They were together for almost a year. But she had never kissed him. Actually, she had never kissed any guy. She was hearing her friends describe their first kisses, and she was half jealous and half appalled. What if she kissed Steve and their teeth met? Oh no she could never do that. Steve was hurt that his girl never put her lips on his mouth.

 One day, she woke up from a nightmare. Huge dentures were chasing her and trying to bite her.

It was that day that she decided to face her fear. She went to cinema with Steve to a romantic movie. while he was hugging her, she turned her face toward his, and put her tongue in his mouth. Steve was overly excited about this.... He started kissing her passionately, and everything seemed to turn out right, till he made  one tragic mistake....  He bit her lip. Quite strongly. Jessica started trembling, her face went white and threw up in the cinema. The passion was gone.

  Later on, while she was surfing on the internet and feeling a total failure, she took a career test. She was nearly eighteen years old and was trying to find which job is right for her. She spent fifty minutes  completing an online test, till she clicked on the “submit” button and the results appeared sarcastically in her laptop screen. Ideal job: Dentist.

“ F**k you all” Jessica said, and went to bed, hoping not to dream of evil dentures.


© 2012 Katia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Haha okay, the ending made me laugh so hard. I loved the twist you put on this. In a way i found it cute how she was scared to kiss Steve. Now that was horrible how she ended up throwing up during her first kiss. This was a great story, Awesome job :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Haha okay, the ending made me laugh so hard. I loved the twist you put on this. In a way i found it cute how she was scared to kiss Steve. Now that was horrible how she ended up throwing up during her first kiss. This was a great story, Awesome job :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
1 Review
Added on February 18, 2012
Last Updated on February 18, 2012

Author

Katia
Katia

Thessaloniki, Greece



About
I've studied English Literature in Thessaloniki, Greece. I like writing stories especially about people who face mental challenges, sometimes in a dramatic way, othertimes in a comic too. I enjoy read.. more..

Writing