Chasing the Wind

Chasing the Wind

A Story by Katelyn Kennedy
"

#donthate

"
I haven't written in quite some time, which is honestly pathetic of me. I have a true p[a*s]ion for writing. It allows me to escape from reality and be me for once. It's selfish of me, but I haven't been able to find my creative muse, I've had no inspiration. Truly, how many people want to hear the dying loins of a love torn female? Not I. Though a lot of my writing falls back to love. Love is the most powerful magnet in the world. It ties you down and makes you question your morals, and I for one question myself a lot. It's the source of all the worlds problems, and I am graciously cursed with lots of problems. Love brings us together and tears us a part, pushes us but picks us back up, so I guess you could say I trip a lot. Seriously though, when it comes to love I'm like one of those babies with the big a*s heads that they can't even hold up. Just like any other baby though, I grow up and learn how to not s**t myself and keep my head above my shoulders. There are too many blood-thirsty pessimists in our world to let ourselves go to benign trenches of depression. This isn't a public service announcement about loving yourself and the people of the world we live in, but instead my epiphany. I worry and care too much about how people perceive me and who loves me or not, but I worry no more. My reputation is beyond my control for the word itself is just an implausible excuse to judge one another. Life is too short to tuck our tails and chase the wind. We need to appreciate ourselves and put down our umbrellas. There's no need to be under the weather. Embrace yourself and be one with the rain. Buck up, take off your jacket, and drown in the harmonic serenity of life, even if it starts to thunder.

© 2018 Katelyn Kennedy


Author's Note

Katelyn Kennedy
Positivity and negativity welcome:

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed reading this. I have my own views on love but I think they're quite different from everyone else's. So I don't really know this thing other people call love when they start talking about it or writing about it or crying about it or going gaga-eyed over it. To me, love is hard work, personal responsibility, dedication and sacrifice. Show me someone...anyone...who wants to "fall in" some of that and I'll show you an idiot or a lunatic. But...there are those who insist it's some kind of sweet, sugary substance akin to swiss chocolate mixed with peanut butter that sticks to the roof of your heart. I've never seen or felt any of that. But I do know what it's like working six days a week trying to keep food on the table, the phone bill paid, the lights and the woman turned on and going out to buy diapers in the middle of the night because you forgot to pick them up on your way home. I know what it's like to sit by a hospital bed praying as hard as you can for a dying best friend. Yes, I think my idea of love is different from what others seem to think. But I can't say they're wrong and I won't judge their opinions. But that picture there, with that little baby smiling in my arms after she had been fed her bottle and had her butt dried at 3 AM? That's closer to my idea of love.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Inspiration can be found in anything and everything, and love is not always depressing. Much of an artist's life is hard, but we simply must persevere and press on. Form a company of friends that will help us live life to the fullest, and only then will we be able to build our own roads to walk on:

"Caminante no hay camino,
Se hace el camino al andar"
-Antonio Machado.

This is a nice sermon you gave. Very powerful. That last line really hit it home. Well said, well done!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Katelyn Kennedy

5 Years Ago

I really like that... "preserve and press on". Thank you for your review!
emipoemi

5 Years Ago

my pleasure.
Sound pretty freakin awesome to me all I read I see one who is strong but never doubt you. We view sometimes in our stories but its what other eyes see and feel so let you words so flourish within a wind and find their own way:) But I will say your my kinda people!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Katelyn Kennedy

5 Years Ago

I really like that, "let your words flourish within a wind and find their own way"
0000000000000000000000000000

5 Years Ago

That has always been my saying here to all:) and by doing all comes home.
I can definitely relate. I haven't written in quite some time too. Just got back into. I would love to hear more from you because you're an excellent writer. :) :) :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


Katelyn Kennedy

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the support!
Never stop what you have the passion for and what you love, sometimes I too hit a wall with no window of ideas to write, but sometimes you gotta trust your instinct and you the reason why you wanna do it in the first place and just, write.
If your passion is writing about love then go for it, write about love, write about the things that make you smile after each line in every sentence :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


Love is the highest ethic, and I definitely think self love is a big part of that. What people think doesn't matter, truly.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

318 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 25, 2018
Last Updated on May 25, 2018

Author

Katelyn Kennedy
Katelyn Kennedy

Needham, MA



About
I've always had a passion for writing but for a while my life because so busy that I stopped. Now I've started writing again and I hope to share it with others and get something positive out of it! *t.. more..

Writing
hope hope

A Poem by Katelyn Kennedy


Out Out

A Story by Katelyn Kennedy