The shattered glass of Hope

The shattered glass of Hope

A Story by Kevin Andros
"

This is a bengali fabel, re-written in my own words trying to explain why our lives seem so difficult.

"
When Almighty God created human beings, he was amazed by his own brilliance of creation. Humans were his first rational creature. Then God thought about what kind of life he would give the humans. With all the men, women lined up for their lives, God thought for a great bit and finally appeared to make a decision. He placed two containers on a plain: a sealed crystal glass and a sealed metal one. And he told the humans to listen very carefully, “Humans, the containers in front of you are your lives. The delicate crystal glass holds all the good, pure and heavenly things that I have chosen for your respective lives. And the metal one holds all the evils. You have to fight the evil ones with the help of all the good things I’ve given you! That crystal glass holds all: Truth, virtue, honesty, perseverance, love, bravery and many more. Take care of them, as once lost, cannot be retaken easily!”
After finishing the creation of the lives of the humans, God retired to rest. All the humans rushed towards the crystal glass so as they would quickly get the goods before the evils. But evil spreads fast. In their eagerness to open the crystal one; it slipped and the glass shattered and the seal broke. All the good things started evaporating fast. Humans panicked and before the last good also vanished, they quickly covered the glass and sealed it again. Now humans were left with only one thing to fight with all the evils. Only one heavenly thing remained with the humans as the turned to face life: HOPE.

© 2008 Kevin Andros


Author's Note

Kevin Andros
This Article won the 2nd prize in the broken glass contest. Just say what you feel

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hopefully I will have a chance to be able to win another contest, I have only been in a few. I HOPE that I can find the wisdom to be able to create a contest that can bring more hope of rewards to people that enter it. WOW IT SOUNDS LIKE I WAS ONE THAT WAS AT THE BREAKING OF THE GLASS. Just kidding. I give this writing two thumbs up. Very Good.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is wonderful. It's all too true- praise the Lord, Amen.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 8, 2008

Author

Kevin Andros
Kevin Andros

World is one country, India



About
Hi. I'm a Leo Person by birth. ************************ Update April 2016 I am making my slow return to this wonderful world without borders. Trying to be active on boards and adding new writer.. more..

Writing
Broken Broken

A Poem by Kevin Andros