Unwanted Poet

Unwanted Poet

A Poem by Thomas Fitzgerald
"

A look into the mirror!

"
Feeling of no-one,
Doubts in my mind,
Reluctant to stir,
Thoughts are unkind,
Pressures of elders,
Goals in focus,
Wants unheard of,
All hocus pocus,
Mind beckons answers,
Thoughts drawing blank,
Plane of entire misery,
From Billy to Frank,
Hills far away,
Silence he wrote,
A killing stone,
From the angry poet.

© 2011 Thomas Fitzgerald


Author's Note

Thomas Fitzgerald
Simplicity is key!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Yeah, no one cares much about poets, unless the do something outrageious or die young. Willam Blake ended in a paupers grave with about three people standing there to see him go. And Keats hardly sold a verse when he was alive. Byron of course was a b*****d. Yeah, no one wants us cos we say things that make them uncomfortable, or they are too stupid to understand us.

Posted 12 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Us poets are offten kicked around and laughed at because writing and poetry are often thought of as "impractical" jobs and carrers. But writting is not something you do its a way of life. Its how we as poets esacpe our world or describe it. But people stilll give us crap. Thank you for the poem :) It showed all the emotion it needed for a topic like this. Great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I feel the same way. poets should be recognized!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


so true

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this poem. Years ago. I begin as the angry Poet. I learn pain and loss. Changed to the Coyote. I like the words and thoughts in this poem. People want us to fall into their games. Better to walk alone then to become someone else. No weakness in the outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


simple but powerful ya know. i can relate to this so well! the pressure that a creative person can be under. teh feeling of not beloning the feeling of wanting to fit in. the way we think of things more than others. how people look down on us. bravo! great as always bud :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Brilliantly written! The simple, yet also powerful imagery this poem delivers, is quite breathtaking!!

This is the type of poetry that made artists like Art Garfunkel, Paul Simon, Cat Stevens (now Yusuf Islam) and Bob Dylan resonate, within our souls!

A fab read; by a talented poet!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This perfectly describes that point of uncertainty in life. Poetry has been regarded as something non-professional, so many just chose something more career-ish and let these talents go. Definitely, we are pressurized, as I'm getting nearer and nearer to that stage of decisions, I do feel that pressure from the elders, and that anguish within me. I can just relate to the truth here. Compared to your other poems, this is simple, but the meaning is certainly complex, of this other dimension, just like all poems. However, I love this straightforward approach, the words, as usual, well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

yes... simplicity is key!!! I 100% agree!! and I love the rhythm of this write!! theses words are simple but def. pack a punch to gt the message across!! great write!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

completely right, simplicity is the key

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is utterly mind blowing. Just the way everything comes together... It's amazing.

I really liked the last three lines:

"Silence he wrote,
A killing stone,
From an angry poet."

The whole thing was pretty dang awesome, though.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1839 Views
71 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on April 13, 2011
Last Updated on April 13, 2011

Author

Thomas Fitzgerald
Thomas Fitzgerald

Wexford, Leinster, Ireland



About
To all who know by now - I love you. For those that don't, I review a lot of work on here, and I expect the same in return, friend me but make sure to have conviction! I'm a horror writer mostly bu.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


White White

A Poem by Hayley


Sugar and Sun Sugar and Sun

A Poem by Muse