1.11.11

1.11.11

A Story by kublakhan27
"

1 13 11

"
     I wished for more wishes.  "And you shall have more wishes," he responded matter-of-factly.
     I wished for a large house.  The ground beneath my mobile home quivered and an almighty blast of architecture shot its splintered foundation to the sky like a domestic firework.
     My subsequent wish ignited and emerged from its implied garage, with the pretzeled carcass of my mountain bike fluttering behind it like a discarded cape.  Between a nirvanic glare at my new motorized Pegasus of an automobile, and the giddy proclamation of my next wish, an idea hit.
     "Is there any way you could roll back time and restore the dead for a while?" I asked.
     "It would be an awful chore having to rewire all those inputs of history," he sighed, "but for you I guess I can swing it."
     "I want my grandparents back."
     "I'm afraid I can't do that."
     "You just told me you could," I muttered, hoping to not get on his bad side and risk having my own recent history reset.
     "I can," he responded matter-of-factly, "but in your haste to cash in your plethora of wishes, you neglected to specify how many more you wanted.
     "And that was your first wish."

© 2012 kublakhan27


Author's Note

kublakhan27
Be careful what you wish for, and when you wish for it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TLK
"...an almighty blast of architecture shot its splintered foundation to the sky like a domestic firework." Excellent.

"It would be an awful chore having to rewire all those inputs of history," he sighed, "but for you I guess I can swing it." This is an excellent rewriting of the possibilities and attitudes of a genie.

I feel that linguistic logic dictates that he should have received at least two "more wishes". Yeah?

Posted 11 Years Ago


kublakhan27

11 Years Ago

Thank you :) I think the reply to the question was a literal one. Traditional storytelling has alwa.. read more
ooo creeepy ending i liked it~ Good job :3

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol i ramble in philosophy what?
kublakhan27

11 Years Ago

Well that's better than I could've explained it...actually I didn't even know how to explain it at a.. read more
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol ok

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

232 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 24, 2012
Last Updated on August 24, 2012
Tags: three, wishes, house, history, grandparents, neglect, rewire

Author

kublakhan27
kublakhan27

Nova Scotia, Canada



About
My first book is out! Any comments that anyone may have to offer regarding my work would be deeply appreciated, as I'm yet to get a review. www.amazon.com/Waltz-Around-Swirls-Steven-Fortune/dp.. more..

Writing