TWO APPOINTMENTS IN THREE DAYS

TWO APPOINTMENTS IN THREE DAYS

A Poem by kublakhan27
"

10 01 14

"

I'm together

but in perforations


 

Ill -attired acclamations

sullied first impressions

on the fidgeting brink

of philosophical exchanges

shelving practicalities

in favour of endorsing

back seat drives on

the howdahs of mellifluously

paced search engines

 


Memories securely fastened

in the machinations of

fiberoptic legs on a traipse

around the chapters of

inclined accumulations of

historic amnesia

 


I'm together

but my edges have been tempered

to a callous crisp

in the aftermath of

solitary licks of membership

in academic propositions

sapped by nervous circumstances

and devolved to prepositions

imbued in pride and forgotten

in the jittered tenures of

cerebral sustenance

 


Tell me what you know

said a writer who abhorred quotations

I am learning how to quote

accusations slung in mental arrows

at a future's crackled mistrial

 


Criminal corroborations

end a validating era

with the strict insertion

of societal negation

 


A point and click

and a corrupt revival

of togetherness sutures

all the memories of sharp indulgences

with the blunted bridges of

disabled compromises

© 2014 kublakhan27


Author's Note

kublakhan27


captcha: comicry

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

WOW WOW WOW>>i remember why i stopped reading your stuff, it's because i couldn't say anything intelligent enough to praise such artistry, end up in stream of conscious poetry..not ego born but inspired by the writers that unlock blocks...you my friend are amazing and the only reason i stay away is that you intimidate me to speechlessness...excellent piece i can tell you suffer to get it to say what you really mean..

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

Wow, what can I say, you've made my day with your kind words mojo...it means the world to have a wri.. read more



Reviews

Kublak, it is nearly impossible to attempt to watch a movie and read your poetry at the same time. Your vocabulary and word usage demands full and immediate attention at all times....and even then sometimes, I'm not at all sure what the flying fingers you are poetically waxing about. Here is my best guess: You had three important academic appointments, prospective job offers in two days...a short amount of time for anyone. You felt negated, minimalized, marginalized, cubby holed, and perforated into less than an optimum potentiating human being? They asked penetrating, personal questions to guage who you are, and then clicked some information into a computer screen, reducing your application to a point and click. You are stretched too thin and it wiped you out...is that close? Great venting, my friend. Always enjoyable to read your work. You are intellectually stimulating, to say the least...:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Your words are so precise and demand so much thought, Steve. That opening line - together, but in perforations - brilliant. Holding strong, but so easily torn...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

So glad you enjoyed it Rita...your reviews always bring a smile to my face, and I need a few of thos.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
B.J
Your writing is amazing. It held me captive all the way through. I guess that is what poetry is supposed to do. Just plain loved it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much for the kind words B.J, so glad you enjoy my writing.
B.J

9 Years Ago

you're welcome
Forgive me but i read that first stanza, it rushed me line to line and then, unforgivably, I laughed. There's somehow a whimsical touch of 'must get it out before it fades or drowns me'.

As to rest of the rest, there isn't any rest. Your mind flies into this and that spot in space, thoughts nudged, considered in a once. There are morals and questions, answers and ignorances.. it's like a battle between extreme imagination and abject (rascally) intelligence with a smile corner of the lips!

Memorable: '.. I'm together . but my edges have been tempered . to a callous crisp . in the aftermath of . solitary licks of membership . in .. '

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

Haha No need to apologize...I do try to inject some measure of quirkiness into these things for fear.. read more
emmajoy

9 Years Ago

My pleasure, truly - especially having read it again after reading your response to my review! Quirk.. read more
kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

Haha A little weirdness is a necessity in this world Emma...it should be mandatory :)
sometimes your poetry leaves me speechless Steve... I mean, "I'm together
but in perforations", how do you respond to these opening lines??? Throw in Guns and Roses (I can visualize Axl on stage swaying right to left). Then this poem also sways in such manner, between "perforations" and blunted bridges of what is and what could have been's... holes in our lives that create who we are and it often isn't very pretty...

Anyway, I always find new ways of looking at things after reading your poetry Steve.. cool and thanks
~~redzone

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

As usual, you've nailed it my friend...I've been in one of those reflective stretches lately, contem.. read more
redzone

9 Years Ago

you know too Steve, looking at those woulda, coulda, shoulda things in our lives, if we really look .. read more
I just wrote a prose piece about something like this I think, well the last stanza anyway. Bravo my friend. You strike with a precision that is little seen here. Your grandiose words flow from a fountain of knowledge that others can seldom grasp. You use the English language like an epee. Pointing exactly where you wan to go and touching the very heart of what you wish to convey. Your proclamations are precise and your observations obviate. What a fantastically brilliant write.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

Your kind words are truly humbling and inspiring my friend...it means the world to know I can speak .. read more
realmwriter

9 Years Ago

You are most welcome. It was a pleasure.
must be read several times at different times .. so much included in your poem .. but my brother .. you left out the sex ;)

many layers ... your opening lines are brilliant says i .. just brilliant .. wish i had thought of them ;)

E.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

Haha Guess I was too cynical for sexual innuendo that day my friend ;P Yes, there are many layers a.. read more
WOW WOW WOW>>i remember why i stopped reading your stuff, it's because i couldn't say anything intelligent enough to praise such artistry, end up in stream of conscious poetry..not ego born but inspired by the writers that unlock blocks...you my friend are amazing and the only reason i stay away is that you intimidate me to speechlessness...excellent piece i can tell you suffer to get it to say what you really mean..

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

Wow, what can I say, you've made my day with your kind words mojo...it means the world to have a wri.. read more
Such depth in the complexity. This piece speaks volumes and flies and many directions. There is so much to be conceived here. Well penned.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

So glad you enjoyed it Briana, thank you.
It's like murder mystery full of suspense, except no one dies, only our motivation, good intentions, inspiration, the spark of life within.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

I hear you...I'm a mystery to myself, and I'm pretty sure that some parts of me have died over the y.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1124 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 2, 2014
Last Updated on October 2, 2014

Author

kublakhan27
kublakhan27

Nova Scotia, Canada



About
My first book is out! Any comments that anyone may have to offer regarding my work would be deeply appreciated, as I'm yet to get a review. www.amazon.com/Waltz-Around-Swirls-Steven-Fortune/dp.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..