I Am

I Am

A Poem by Alana McGuire
"

I've seen so many spiffy I Am poems, so I decided to upload the one I wrote a few years ago.

"
I am analytical and amiable.
I wonder what happened to the chivalry and genuine care we once held dear.
I hear the rumbling thunder and rhythmic, beating rain of my brainstorm.
I want to make something profound of my life.
I am analytic and amiable.

I pretend I have it all together, every second of every day.
I feel the words course through my veins, to my fingertips, onto this page.
I touch the peek of my dreams with an outstretched hand.
I worry that I may fall at the feet of failure.
I cry when I can no longer place silence on my every emotion.
I am analytical and amiable.

I understand that God has a purpose for my life, even if I have yet to seize it.
I say this world is nothing but destruction under all of the luring temptation.
I dream of losing the beloved people I cherish.
I try to keep a secure lock on my tongue when my opinion is not inquired.
I hope to be a luminous light in the darkness for those bearing heavy heart.
I am analytical and amiable.

© 2013 Alana McGuire


Author's Note

Alana McGuire
Reviews are welcomed! But please keep in mind I wrote this when I was in high school.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

=) This was a great little facet of who "You Are" or as it is, were. It's filled with lots little cool threads of personallity and descriptions. Yet, I think what caught me the most with this piece and made me let out a slight chuckle was the last line of each piece. Those lines brought the vision of a little human like droid trying to sell itself to buyers walking past on a busy street. =)

Great Ink! You should do an updated version where you take this piece and put lines through the parts that aren't valid anymore and then in italics or bold, add the newer info. I think that would be an cool idea. =)

Thanks for sharing!
Aaron - Wolfwind

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alana McGuire

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the read and review!! I really like your idea, as well, so I'm really consider.. read more



Reviews

A girl trying to find herself. She defines herself rigidly then dreams it isn't so. She's a pretender as we all are at that age. Often our compass is our image of self also acting as shield against impinging reality. She hopes God has a purpose for her almost desiring to relinquish responsibility to him. She has yet to realize it is up to her to find her own way (with his guidance if allowed by her).

I think this is a very fine poem coming from your teens. It is a writers poem. You know some things about yourself and that's all you can know, but you are also looking outward...hoping wondering...reporting. Nice work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Alana McGuire

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much for the read and review! I really appreciate it. :)
=) This was a great little facet of who "You Are" or as it is, were. It's filled with lots little cool threads of personallity and descriptions. Yet, I think what caught me the most with this piece and made me let out a slight chuckle was the last line of each piece. Those lines brought the vision of a little human like droid trying to sell itself to buyers walking past on a busy street. =)

Great Ink! You should do an updated version where you take this piece and put lines through the parts that aren't valid anymore and then in italics or bold, add the newer info. I think that would be an cool idea. =)

Thanks for sharing!
Aaron - Wolfwind

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alana McGuire

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the read and review!! I really like your idea, as well, so I'm really consider.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

405 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 9, 2013
Last Updated on August 9, 2013
Tags: I Am, self description, me, poem, poetic

Author

Alana McGuire
Alana McGuire

About
Hello! My name is Alana, and I'm really glad you're on my profile. I love chatting, so send me a message anytime! I also love reading new poetry, so feel free to add me and we can share our words.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..