Gravely Downpours..

Gravely Downpours..

A Poem by Alana McGuire
"

I miss you..

"
 When pencil meets paper, Love, the thoughts of you dance upon their considerably familiar grave.

            Familiarity lies in the mind's eyes of reliving, over and over and over again.

Oh so elegantly cherished. Oh so desirably missed. I think back on them fondly,

 

for I must choose my words in such a presentable fashion as to not chance blackening the memories of your essence through my written tears. Such a pity it would be to betray you; as if you lingered your presence with mine, if not only when it suited your benefit. Love, you have taught me well.

 

            Though what proclaims you a worthy suitor of such a bleeding heart catastrophe? Oh, but who requires worth when one offers understanding, a promised escape in an outstretched hand?

 

            You never ceased the rain, only intertwined yours with mine. Such a lovely downpour of melodic heartstrings. For whom demands the sun when one rare drop of your rain possesses a smile the sun could not fathom overshadowing?

 

            Why must I be left to mourn our death, when you no longer allow me to etch into a mere thought of your precious day? Days that lack our downpour, days that force me to cast my sparkless eyes upon the sun in your absence.

 

Though, Love, it could never take your place.

 

            No, I am entirely certain I will always favor the cloudy days, for they are when I am most reminded of you, and everything you offered, everything we were. They are when I plead for a downpour; if only for a blinking moment.

 

            If only you would return to me and cease the sun's mockery of your abandonment upon me. After all, the rain as well has become unbearable without your comfort, beating down memory after suppressed memory with every drop that cascades around me.

 

            How did you so easily walk away, when I can so scarcely find the will to stand? Though, please know that I will never withdraw my hand; no, it will always remain awaiting your once sure, firm grip. The grip that I may only dream of in my most desired realm of sleep.

 

Until then, My Love, you can find me at our grave.

 

Please, come take my hand; relive with me in the mind's eyes.

© 2012 Alana McGuire


Author's Note

Alana McGuire
Reviews are always welcomed! But please don't tell me to shorten it. I can't. Hahah :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

O.O
why haven't i read this sooner
This is so sad and so emotional
i love it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


The title of this piece is definitely drawing. Your wording is great, you can tell you put a lot of thought into each sentence. Very nicely written. Sad too.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Overwhelmingly sad.. the loss and sense of distance... what was then melted into a sorrowful today... Brilliantly done...

Posted 12 Years Ago


Simply beautiful! Such emotion in this. I don't have much to say about this, the emotion is heart touching, words written beautifully, sad and yet very lively with emotion that is well captured with who you write about in this. Lovely yet sad.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 20, 2011
Last Updated on January 12, 2012
Tags: I miss you, missing you, missing someone, lost love

Author

Alana McGuire
Alana McGuire

About
Hello! My name is Alana, and I'm really glad you're on my profile. I love chatting, so send me a message anytime! I also love reading new poetry, so feel free to add me and we can share our words.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sacred Text Sacred Text

A Poem by Muse


DREAM DREAM

A Poem by afra