Electricity

Electricity

A Story by Laura Lusk

As she sat on the cold stone bridge looking out at the turbulent, yet somehow rhythmic and consistent, ocean before her, she was almost oblivious to the harsh gulf coast breeze and relentless drizzle that was taking residence on her shoulders. Her legs were draped over his lap and together their feet seemed to be softly swaying in harmony with that of the ocean two feet below them. Her arms were wrapped around him and her head was delicately resting on his shoulder. She could feel his finger through her black cotton dress alternating between tracing a straight path down her spinal cord and then creating various patterns along her shoulder blades that she would never get to see.

            She watched the lightening in the distance light up the world for a few seconds with each strike. They seemed to harness enough electricity from the restlessness of the sky above them to light up the entire night sky for a moment. They then proceeded to leave an eerie green glow as they reluctantly became a part of the night sky’s history. It was an extraordinary thing to watch and could be missed with the blink of an eye.

            She kept absentmindedly fumbling for the perfect word to describe what she was feeling, something she commonly did, but kept coming up blank. Contentment? No, she was too aroused for a moment of contentment. Arousal? No, she felt too calm for a moment of arousal. Calm? No, there was too much electricity for a moment of calmness. Electric?

            At that moment his fingertip made its way from her back to her cheek and somehow in the process, accidental or not, grazed her n****e. The thin cotton dress was no match for the electricity of his touch and her n****e instantly became hard.

            She felt electric.

            He used his electric finger to raise her face to his. She looked into his eyes. As he said, “I love you” she saw the reflection of a lightening bolt in his right eye. With the soft thunder that followed a second later, came her realization that he meant it.

            She didn’t have to say it back. He already knew.

            For a couple of minutes or hours, she couldn’t tell which, they sat watching and listening and feeling the beauty of the storm before them.

            She thought about the night.

            Just two hours ago they had drove off the highway and onto the unlit shoreline they had been to so many times before. They had gotten out and sat in the oversized trunk of her navy blue SUV.

            Looking back, even as they had sat there in that moment, not touching, staring into the tranquil waters of the ocean, subconsciously, she could feel the electricity building.

            Now that she thought about it, she had felt it on the entire 30 minute drive to the beach. Even in the parking lot when she saw him for the first time that night, she had definitely felt a buzz of electricity.

            She had pointed out the distinguished gray rain cloud over the neighboring town across the intercostal to him. He commented on how powerful it looked and how all the clouds in the sky were drawn to it as he placed his hand on her leg.

            From there his touch had slowly made its way down her leg and to her bare foot dusted in sand, lighting up her skin as it went. It then had proceeded to make its way up her leg this time, inside her dress.

            The anticipation had been killing her and as the two looked at one another, they simultaneously leaned in to envelope the other pair of lips they knew almost as well as they knew their own.

            The kiss had grown more and more desperate as the electric feel of his hand got farther and farther up her dress.

            Then without warning, his hand had retracted and found its way onto her full right breast that desperately needed to be caressed.

            Moaning, she had took this as her invitation to get on top of him, straddling his lap with her hands tangled in his curly locks.

            The storm had slowly moved across the water.

            As her dress came further and further up and his hands came further and further down, the two had begun to feel raindrops softly moistening their skin.

            For a moment, they had relished in the wetness making out and feeling one another’s body’s against each other, embracing it, the way wetness should be embraced.

            When a loud boom of thunder had finally succeeded in breaking their attention from one another, they noticed reluctantly that the interior of the trunk was becoming drenched; they decided to take refuge in the back seat of the SUV.

            She had instructed him to sit in the middle seat, and as she looked out the rain streaked windows of the car, she couldn’t help but notice how the bolts of lightening meeting with the surface of the ocean in the distance behind them seemed to symphonize with the soft electronic hum of the music he had put on as they’d rolled onto the beach.

            Instinctively, she had got up to lean forward and raise the volume.

            As she had done, he grabbed her hips and lifted her dress.

            At this point she had no panties on and he effortlessly slid a finger inside her.

            This had triggered a moan from her as leaned into the front half of the SUV, giving him better access. He used the angle to his advantage as he slowly began to lick the sensitive part of her body that he had come to know so well over the last three years.

            Though she had just turned up the radio, all that could be heard were her moans and when neither could take it any longer, she turned around and desperately lowered herself onto him, closing her eyes and relishing in how complete the sensation made her feel.

            As she opened her eyes, the flicker of a lightening strike a few feet behind them had lit up the car and they had both stared at one another’s naked, connected bodies.

            She had not been able to hold back any longer and as he grabbed her neck and pulled her in for a kiss, she began gyrating to the electronic dance music he had selected.

            He had met her every move equally and perfectly, making the act of their making love seem choreographed. 

            As she had leaned back and felt him inside her the two began moaning simultaneously.

            The lack of AC in the car, the storm pounding on the car from outside and the heat their bodies were radiating created a fog on all the windows, encompassing the two from the the outside world.

            Their hands effortlessly slid down one another’s sweaty bodies as they held each other close and deep.

            They had made love countless times over the last few years but this time it was different. Both in sync with the other’s pleasure as they and the storm around them rocked the tiny SUV.

There was a tone of desperation; for both had known it was their final night together.

This went on for over an hour and only seized when both were drenched and satisfied.

They had then lay in the back seat of her car in the aftermath of the beauty of the electronic symphony they had just created. As the clouds slowly moved away from her car, her mind had become clouded with uncertainty about the man lying next to her.

            She felt the familiar pangs of hurt, betrayal, anger, disappointment and love.

            When he asked what was wrong, she looked out the window and watched the lightening in the distance longing to be part of it.

            Noticing that the rain had subsided, she had opened the car door leaning her entire naked upper half outside.

            Only when the fresh cool air flooded the SUV, trading places with the hot steamy air inside, did she feel the serenity wash over her.

            Concerned, he had sat up and had now been staring at her.

            As she turned to face him once more, she was contented.

            In this moment, he was no longer her boyfriend, her friend, her enemy or her soul mate. He was just himself.

            He had then reached for her hand and without hesitation, she took it because what else could she do? What else could she want to do?

            The two had then sat for a while just holding one another. Appreciating the way their bodies fit together like they were made for each other. Enjoying every moment of it because they knew it was the last they would get of those moments for a while. Or forever.

            Neither of them knew.

            Then they realized they could no longer see the electric pangs of the sky’s fury striking the ocean in front of them. Among other things, the storm was something they weren’t quite ready to let go of and they were drawn out of the SUV. They had then walked to the other side of the bridge where they could watch the pitiless storm search for its new victim, leaving its path along the way.

            It was then she began to wonder, as the man next to her was tracing paths on her back, what hers was. What his was. What theirs was.

            But as the storm moved on leaving an electric glow in its path, so did her thoughts. 

© 2013 Laura Lusk


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The title reflects a main theme. The feeling. Really cool.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
1 Review
Added on September 26, 2013
Last Updated on September 26, 2013