My King

My King

A Poem by murrill
"

Death takes us by suprise you never ready for it.

"

The sound of the wave crashing against the sharp rocks among the cliff as my life flash before my eyes. Many miles from a destination I have yet to call home comes the loneliness I have felt inside for far too long.

 

The blue sea carries me further into my dream that no longer buries itself deep within a memory.

My absence strays from hope and illusions into reality for I have an unspoken heart that has been shattered continuously.

 

My love cries out to a heart that won't love me back I wasted too much time already. Hear me! I long for you but you are not there only within my soul, my better half was lost at sea.

 

I sink deep into my chair and await for the arrival of my King to carry me home. I stare at my reflection oh how I have aged and still all alone.

 

My heart slows to a paste for my time here is almost complete I feel death knocking at my door and I welcome him I am tired and old my body is broken the angel held out his hand for me to reach.

 

The angel nods his head and waits patiently for I have to die before I could move forward to meet my king.

As the pain sharpens my heart stops the air had finally left me My chest collapse there is nothing left I wait patiently and finally lay down to rest.

 

I had a long journey made foolish mistakes I have learned all I needed to; pain, guilt, joy and now peace.

Now I can go and be with my king.    

   

© 2012 murrill


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

382 Views
Added on September 29, 2012
Last Updated on September 29, 2012

Author

murrill
murrill

Semmes, AL



About
I am in denial for my words are spoken, but are they heard? I am afraid that I have stray too far and too scared to turn back. The truth has escaped my tongue for I am blind now, Will the curtains eve.. more..

Writing
The Drift The Drift

A Poem by murrill


Your Promise Your Promise

A Poem by murrill