Unexpected New Year's night

Unexpected New Year's night

A Story by Lydia...
"

An action comedy short story that will mix your feelings about it.

"

It all happened that night, When we were preparing to welcome the New Year. 2 more minutes. People were already starting the fireworks and others weren't sober anymore. I was waiting patiently. Then... one more minute. Time was passing really slow as I was looking only at the clock. 10 more seconds. 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... then the alarm started.

Helicopters were roaming the sky with red beams roaring. The Russians were attacking us, right then. It was already a new year. That year was Russia's.

Our soldiers tried to fight back, but it was cold and snowy, and that was perfect just for the Russian soldiers. How could we defend against them? Nobody prepared us for that. We were not going to make it. I saw one breaking the metallic doors, and more entering and spraying garlic poison all over the place. Two of us were down, as they were vampires. But I love garlic. I stood up and punched one in the chest, as it was their weak point. That man totally collapsed, and the others took a french leave. They made a mistake to wake me. By now they still hope they hadn't angered me.

© 2015 Lydia...


Author's Note

Lydia...
don't take it seriously

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like your story, but the reader doesn't get a sense of what the person narrating is experiencing. Ex: "The Russian's were attacking us, the night air cold and stale, my hands clammy and rigid. I looked up at the screeching sounds across the sky, palpitating the rhythms of my heart to an...." I think you need to work on building expressing your emotions through your characters, its fun you might like building your characters that way :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lydia...

9 Years Ago

Thank you, I really didn't think about that. It would make the character more of a person than of a .. read more
Brooklyn

9 Years Ago

It's just that you need to show more then tell, that's one of my biggest struggles as well, I edit f.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
1 Review
Added on January 16, 2015
Last Updated on January 16, 2015

Author

Lydia...
Lydia...

Iasi, Nord- East, Romania



About
I'm an young, aspirant writer who can do a lot. Writing is my favorite hobby, and I'm not from an English speaking country, so don't mind my bad grammar. I'm trying hard XD more..

Writing
About ghosts About ghosts

A Story by Lydia...