It Isn't All About You

It Isn't All About You

A Story by Rei Cn

I never cared about attention. It was you who had always chased after the spotlight. I simply didn't give a damn. About you. About your stupid​ need to be the center of attraction. To me, you might as well be non-existent.

I was contented just watching from the dark corner. While you kept running after the light that won't stay still for you. You looked so desperate; it was almost pathetic.

Be that as it may, I could have still rooted for you had you only left me alone. But you saw me, glared daggers on me because you thought I was getting on your way. C'mon I was quietly minding my own business, but you just had to drag me out my dark corner. You didn't notice that we were already in the center stage when the spotlight suddenly stopped. It didn't shine on you, but on me.

I couldn't tell you I'm sorry for stealing your spotlight, even as I saw how outraged you were. Because I didn't really steal anything from you. It was never yours to begin with.

I couldn't sympathize with you because I realized you didn't deserve it. Up close, I learned the kind of person you really were. You believed you were better than anyone​ else. You thought that only you, and only you, could get the world's attention. Dear, you were presumptuous. You may confuse it with confidence but it was never going to change what it really was: arrogance. Just pure arrogance. You were just all bark but no bite.

I ignored you when you obnoxiously blamed me for everything. You thought it was all my fault. Seriously, I had done nothing. But maybe that was exactly the reason you felt highly disappointed. I mean after all, I managed to obtain the thing you had always wanted, the thing you had always struggled to have. And I got it without even trying.

The mere fact that I thought it wasn't even worth it giving a single f**k or two about your concerns and you were just a waste of my time must have insulted you more. Like rubbing salt to the wound, eh? Well, I'm sorry. Or maybe I am not really sorry at all. Because need I remind you that you were the one who dragged me on stage? You were too focused on me that you lost sight of your own goal. That loss; you brought it upon yourself, dear.

Don't even dare chase after me as I go back to minding my own business. I know you badly want to settle the score, but I don't care. It doesn't really matter to me. You don't really matter to me. You will only get disappointed if you challenge me because I will never acknowledge it. 

It's not because I don't​ think you're good enough. It's not because I am underestimating you. It's​ not because I think I am better than you. No. It's not that. Of course you're good on your own way.

But... I can't give you my attention because I have more important matters  to deal with. Besides, I have already chosen my ultimate rival a long time ago. My one and only match.

Understand this, and apply it to yourself...

The only one whom I want to surpass is my present self. The only one whom I measure myself up to is ME.

© 2017 Rei Cn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on September 9, 2017
Last Updated on September 9, 2017

Author

Rei Cn
Rei Cn

About
Joined September 9, 2017 I love to read, write and draw. Mostly, I write fanfictions and just random thoughts. I used to be into poetry when I was in High School, now I feel like I just I found .. more..

Writing
Irreversible Irreversible

A Poem by Rei Cn


Her Her

A Poem by Rei Cn