"Metalbird"

"Metalbird"

A Poem by L.C. Jarrette
"

"fighter jets"

"










Bird echoes, calls rain
     Thunder strikes, quenched as a fire
               ashes mold mushrooms

© 2017 L.C. Jarrette


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Metalbird'
L.C.Jarrette,
I see by the title and the little note above 'fighter jets it is not readily understood at least by me. Well the poem itself is rather natural and seems as if you are writing about the natural world. I was intrigued and still am. I would love to hear what inspired this poem as it has gotten my interest.
blessings,
Kathy

Posted 5 Years Ago


This one's certainly creative. I love how the brevity of this poem (characteristic of the haiku form) allows the message to resonate. Your images and descriptions throughout are certainly evocative. I also enjoyed the subtle interplay of nature and man-made weaponry in your title, as you describe a fighter jet as a "metal bird" and reflect that same theme in your poem. On top of that, your picture really sets the tone. Well done.

- William Liston
(PS: Did you intend for your first line to hang off the side of your picture?)

Posted 6 Years Ago


L.C. Jarrette

6 Years Ago

yes sir, why do you ask? :)
Such a powerful Senryu, LC, that reaches deep into one's core, reawakening that which we all should never forget in the devastation by humankind to all life … such a fantastic title and an aptly meaningful picture you've selected, too.
There are certain Western rules that apply to the Japanese Haiku and Senryu forms I will gladly share with you, if you're interested and do not already know them (just message).

Thank you most gratefully for sharing this finely rendered piece from your alert mind and caring heart! ⁓ Richard : )

Posted 6 Years Ago


L.C. Jarrette

6 Years Ago

oh my...of all my poems I never expected that you would choose to post a review on this one. thank y.. read more
Richard🖌

6 Years Ago

You are most welcome … my offer still stands.
What a pretty mix of rain, thunder, fire and ashes. A small beauty.

Posted 6 Years Ago


L.C. Jarrette

6 Years Ago

wow!!thank you for appreciating my haiku sir. it really means a lot to me..
:)
here's a haiku for you...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Nice, well penned........ like it











Posted 6 Years Ago


L.C. Jarrette

6 Years Ago

thank you..
The earth (Titan maphaha)

6 Years Ago

you are welcome...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

326 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 22, 2017
Last Updated on June 22, 2017

Author

L.C. Jarrette
L.C. Jarrette

Philippines



About
"Let your voice to be heard." Hope you'll like my poems...happy reading! more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~ Rain ~ ~ Rain ~

A Poem by MsJewel