A Baby's Cry

A Baby's Cry

A Story by Joy
"

Why do babies cry? This is one of my theories about it.

"

He awoke with a sudden gasp. What just happened? Was he dead? He tried to look down at his hands, but that was the problem. He couldn’t open his eyes. Okay now he was really freaking out. One minute he was driving a car with his little brother in the passenger seat, and the next he had awoken in a new body. He couldn’t look at himself, but he knew that this was not his old body. He felt smaller, and wet, yet he was warm.

All of a sudden, he felt a mass of warmth move next to him. It nudged him, trying to pull him in close. Where was he? He yelled out, but all that would come out was an animal like noise. No! This couldn’t be happening, not to him! He tried and tried to no avail to open his eyes.

The mass next to him let out a whine, but not quite a whine. He could understand it, but it wasn't a human voice. It was new. But what could it be? It sounded like a female. Yes definitely a female. She was talking to him, saying, “Welcome to the world my little prince. Life will be hard but I will watch over you.” What did she mean, welcome to the world? He had already been in the world with his broth… with his bro… with his what? It was now unclear to him. He started to cry. What was happening to him? He was so confused. Just a minute ago he had vivid memories of something, but now he had no idea what they had been about. It was like a dream drifting away from his consciousness. Was it all just a dream?


This is why babies cry when they are born.

© 2016 Joy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Its pretty good better than me


Posted 7 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Joy
I am always open to suggestions! :)

And I just want to let you all know that I wrote this at 2 in the morning one day so idk what was happening in my mind... but hey, I ended up with this. :D

Posted 7 Years Ago


I enjoyed seeing the progression in this from someonw with complete memory to this newborn baby. You progressed through the different thoughts so well that it worked smoothly and didn't jump too quickly from one idea to the next. It was all very well done, I really enjoyed this.

Posted 7 Years Ago


That is such a good story.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Excellent description, without giving away too much, too fast. Confusion is evident, well done!

Are you open to suggestions?

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Not bad for a short story. I'm impressed with your talent.


Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

276 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 5, 2016
Last Updated on November 28, 2016

Author

Joy
Joy

Seguin, TX



About
I am in high school and very new at poetry. more..

Writing
Intro Intro

A Chapter by Joy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


D'EVIL D'EVIL

A Book by Schatzi


The Girl The Girl

A Story by Shawna