Intro

Intro

A Chapter by Joy

I finally did it. Pulled the plug; took my last breath of air; dead. And let me tell you, that was the most refreshing moment in my, well, life. No more body holding me down, no more pain in my legs, no more having to think about breathing. I was finally gone. That moment I stepped out of my flesh was exhilarating.

You’d think it would be cold when you’re dead, but I couldn’t tell you if I was. There honestly isn’t any heat or cold, it just is. And let me tell you this, no one really got it right as to what happens after death. Think about it as a film. You are brought to a seat and in front of you is a darkness that almost has a red glow about it. Then everything sets in, everything starts to speed up and the red becomes brighter. Then there is only light. It floods into the screen and fills your eyes and you can’t think about anything else. Then everything slowly begins to focus, only everything is just shapes.

You continue to watch as random sounds begin to fill your ears, louder and louder as one figure comes in to focus. A woman you realize. And that’s when it hits you. This woman is no ordinary person. She is one known by many names, but I choose to call her mother. As you sit there your whole life plays out in front of you, so someone got that part right, but then it slows down again and you watch the last moments. It feels like time itself can’t even continue as the last seconds of your life play out. And then the screen goes dark and you are left there in the darkness, only you are never alone. A figure stands over you, almost comforting. This figure is death himself; the one who plays the games.

Now this next part is different for everyone because, well, everyone dies differently and a different times, but I can tell you one thing: everything is about to change for you. Death is not as it seems, you are never truly dead. You still have to go on living your life, but not among the living.



© 2018 Joy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on March 27, 2018
Last Updated on March 27, 2018


Author

Joy
Joy

Seguin, TX



About
I am in high school and very new at poetry. more..

Writing