My Dreams

My Dreams

A Story by Joy
"

Last night's dreams.

"

1/21/17


I dreamed a lot last night. But not a good dream like I wanted. I cried myself to sleep again. This time I dreamed about being alone, like usual. But this time my mom, stepdad, and sister all died in a car crash.

(This is all the dream) When it happened, I was in third period, my favorite class, and I got a call from my mom’s phone. I asked to go out in the hall since my mother wouldn’t call unless it was an emergency. My teacher let my and I propped open the door so it wouldn’t lock. I answered the phone, but it wasn’t my mom. The man on my phone told me that he was an EMT and that my whole family had died in a car crash about twenty minutes ago (my sister had to do something that day and that’s why they were running late). I had no idea how to react to this news at first, but then it hit me: I was all alone. Everyone I loved was gone. I broke down and burst into tears. At that moment my teacher walked out and saw me there. She asked what happened and I gave her the phone with the EMT still on it.

After she heard what happened she just hugged me and told me that it was all going to be okay. But it wasn’t. I was all alone with no place to go. Then I woke up crying.

A bit later I feel asleep again, still crying. The dream was back, but this time later on at the end of the day. (Dream) I was back at home, well about to walk through the door. I walked in and there were my two dogs. I broke down again. This time there was no one there for me. I was all alone. And then I woke up again, crying.

I fell asleep later, but this next dream was all about pain. I had been home with may family and we were having dinner with some people. I finished and went outside. I then grabbed my bike and went riding around the neighborhood. There was a craft fair of some sort going on down the road from me so I went to look around. After looking for a bit, I rode back up the road towards my home. I heard some yelling and watched a man run out of the house yelling about how he loved someone and that they couldn’t change that.

Then the family ran out and told him never to come back and called him a f****t. This angered him so much that He got in his truck and started revving it. At this moment I turned around because I knew I couldn’t get past him and I didn’t want to get hurt. Then I heard a scream and then silence, other than the truck. I looked back for a second and all I saw was blood on the truck and on the ground.

I rode away as fast as I could. I tried to warn the people at the craft fair to run but it was too late. The mad came around the corner and I jumped under the table. I was too late and too close. He drove his truck into the fair killing people with one hit. He ran over my legs and just kept driving. I tried to get up, but both of my legs were broke. So I started to crawl. I got halfway up the road when I heard the truck again. I looked back on my trail of blood, and there was the truck. He revved his engine and stepped on the gas. I held my arm up, like that would stop him. Then he hit me, and it all went black.

Then I woke up, in tears yet again. I didn’t want to sleep, so I just stayed up. My family was still alive and my legs weren't broken, but I was scared. That was the end of my sleep and the end of my nigh.

© 2017 Joy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on January 21, 2017
Last Updated on January 21, 2017

Author

Joy
Joy

Seguin, TX



About
I am in high school and very new at poetry. more..

Writing
Intro Intro

A Chapter by Joy