How to be a High school Girl.

How to be a High school Girl.

A Poem by Joy

How to be a highschool girl.


Step one: R̶o̶l̶l̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶b̶e̶d̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶l̶a̶w̶l̶e̶s̶s̶.̶  Get out of bed two and a half hours early so you can cover up every imperfection. Far be it that you have a pimples on your face.


Step two: A̶d̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶d̶u̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶u̶p̶.̶  Make sure you cover every inch of your face with foundation and then pounds of other makeups on top of that to make your eyes and features pop, but never leave a line or make yourself to orange. You need to look perfect like you woke up that way, not like plastic. Oh and make sure to pluck every eyebrow hair that is out of place. You won’t those to look perfect too. Make sure they aren’t too thin and aren’t too thick. On top of that you have to make sure they don’t look drawn on. No one likes a fake girl.


Step three: G̶o̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶f̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶f̶i̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶. Go into your room and stare at your body for at least twenty minutes. You have to inspect and critique every perceived imperfection. Like that’s going to fix anything. Suck in your gut and cold your breath as you squeeze into a pair skinny jeans that are a size too small. Once you put those on, look at yourself again and take those off because they just aren’t right. Go pick out your outfit now and make sure you don’t show too much skin, but show enough because no one likes a s**t or an emo. Oh and don’t forget about “self love” and all of that “positive thinking”! Go back over to the mirror and tell yourself that you love yourself at least twenty times because maybe you will believe that one of these times.


Step four: P̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶l̶u̶n̶c̶h̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶u̶y̶ ̶i̶t̶. If you’re going to pack your lunch make sure it looks expensive because if it looks like leftovers then everyone will think that you’re poor. If you plan on buying lunch don’t buy it from the regular line. Go to the snack line and get some of the snacks and maybe a salad or packaged food. When thinking about your lunch you need to make sure you pack enough or buy, but not too much. If it looks like you eat a lot then people will think you’re fat, but if you pack or buy too little then people will call you anorexic.


Step five: G̶o̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶c̶h̶o̶o̶l̶. If you have to ride the bus make sure no one sees you because you’re in highschool… Everyone can drive and has a car. If you don’t drive yourself then obviously you are poor because your parents didn’t get you a car for your sixteenth birthday. If you drive make sure you have a nice car because you need to make sure people think you have money. Oh and make sure that you have your mask of happiness on so know one knows how much you hate yourself. Better not draw more attention to yourself.


Step six: G̶e̶t̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶g̶r̶a̶d̶e̶s̶. Obviously you have to make good grades, but no one can know. Play dumb so maybe, just maybe, someone will love you. If you look pretty and people think you make average grades then they will like you. If you are too smart then people will think you are a know it all and think you are better that them. Still you have to secretly make good grades because your future depends on it. You don’t have enough money to pay your way through college debt free, so scholarships are the only way you can make a future for yourself. You want a better future for yourself. Not a future where you work at a fast food restaurants where you live paycheck to paycheck.


Step seven: G̶o̶ ̶h̶o̶m̶e̶. When your leaving school for the day make sure no one spotts you on the bus or in your lame car. The last thing you want is for people to laugh at you after you barely made it through the day.


Step eight: D̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶h̶o̶m̶e̶w̶o̶r̶k̶. Once home make sure to do all of your homework because keeping up your grades is important especially when you’re expected to fail. But even before that run into the bathroom and take off your makeup so it doesn’t do any more damage to your already imperfect face. Oh and make sure not to look in the mirror because you already hate yourself enough. Then run to your room and take off your bra and suffocating clothes. After all of that now you can get to your hours of homework and maybe even some extra credit so you can boost your grades even more.


Step nine: E̶a̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶n̶n̶e̶r̶. When you eat your dinner make sure you eat enough so your family doesn’t question you or worry about you. The last thing you want to do is add your problem to your family’s stress.


Step ten: G̶o̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶e̶r̶. After dinner go wash up for the night. Once in the shower you try not to take a long shower, but you end up getting lost in your thoughts and break down from the long hard day. After you cry for a little wash up and make sure you smell good because no one will love you if you don’t smell perfect.


Step eleven: G̶o̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶l̶e̶e̶p̶. Once you are ready for bed look yourself in the mirror again and critique yourself again. Nothing like good old self hate. Then you head to bed and just stare up at the ceiling and think about how horrible your day went and about every little thing you get wrong. And lastly, cry yourself to sleep.


Step twelve: Repeat...

© 2017 Joy


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on August 22, 2017
Last Updated on August 22, 2017

Author

Joy
Joy

Seguin, TX



About
I am in high school and very new at poetry. more..

Writing
Intro Intro

A Chapter by Joy