pasta is my passion

pasta is my passion

A Story by magenta24uk
"

Just my rambling's about pasta. :)

"

Pasta is my passion, no really stop laughing. I love them all and they love me.

Pasta they say will make you fat but I eat it as much as I can and never seem to be gaining weight, maybe that’s just my luck but I think the olive oil and the fresh vegetables keep me and my family very healthy.

I sometimes wish I had been born in Italy, when I visited that wonderful country I was subjected to so many new pasta experiences and I soaked them all up with a smile on my lips and my mouth ever chewing.

I love onions and mushrooms and will put them in every dish come rain or shine, dried and fresh alike go into the pan. I make my own sauces and enjoy nothing more than smashing up tomatoes and stirring in the basil. Oregano is a cheeky little fellow and I love to put him into my sauce along with a variety of other things. My sauces have been known to include stock cubes, canned soups, basil leaves, cloves, garlic, mixed herbs, chilli’s, bread crumbs and five spice and much more crazy ingredients like chocolate which actually was a bit strange tasting. As I have a small child I have found myself adding purred carrots or broccoli as this increases the nutritional value of the meal without messing too much with the taste and we make rainbow pasta using food colouring and different bowls of water. It all just makes it more exciting and fun.

I enjoy pasta with every type of meat; my favourite at the moment is duck. Ohhhh just the thought gets my mouth watering, I cover it with a Chinese style sauce and it makes it taste out of this world. Chorizos sausage and mussels go very well together and ham is an easy thing to add at the last minute if you think the pasta may taste too bland, I like the hams that have mustard seeds around the edge or have an extra zing like garlic sausage. Yummy.

I sometimes leave my vegetables extra chunky to give better texture and sometimes I cut them very small and mix in sweet corn, peas and celery. I like to add cheese in different ways, stirred in, grated in top, dried, in chunks, melted on top. Then there are so many types of cheese, the choice is beyond imagining. Tomatoes can change the dish depending on the variety or even the time of year and sun blessed or sun dried can give you an extra punch that can turn a meal from “Nice,” To “Wow, what is in this?”

Lastly there is the pasta itself, wonderful dried or fresh, in sheets, in strands, in shapes, in ravioli parcels or home made with a hint of something embedded in it, maybe dried garlic or cheese, maybe a little onion or spice.

I do get the odd comment “Oh, not pasta again!” but it is the only meal that can be different every time and taste like a new explosion in your mouth with every bite. What is there to complain about?

Lately my youngest has started to join in with the cooking and has her opinion on everything. “I would like the curly one tonight please not the shell one.” “Not too much basil mummy.” “Why don’t we melt some cheese into it?” “You should add some more water before it gets all dry.” Everyone is a critic even at age four.

© 2013 magenta24uk


Author's Note

magenta24uk
just my rambling's not a story more a thought.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Haha, this is great. Pasta is beautiful; pasta is life.
Pasta lovers unite!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 13, 2013
Last Updated on December 13, 2013

Author

magenta24uk
magenta24uk

crawley, RH11 7JU, United Kingdom



About
I have been writing for many years. I have had a few poems published and I would like to stretch out my latest work to book length. more..

Writing
Shame Shame

A Poem by magenta24uk