My Heart

My Heart

A Poem by Meliss@k
"

Sometimes we are given so much through friendships that all we could ever ask for in the end is that someone else takes our own love that we've been given and uses that love to it's fullest.

"

Take it. 

For as long as I can, I am giving you my heart.

 Live with it. 

Take this heart of mine and use it for the good of God. I have shown you patience. I have shown you forgiveness. I have shown you strength. I have shown you trust. I have been your shoulder to cry on. I have shown you love. 

Why have you not taken my heart?

Kind words. Warm moments. Personal endearment. Personal struggles. I have shared them all with you.

 I am giving you my heart. Take it.

Sometimes a heart isn't enough. Sometimes you want it all. You want others to be your hands and feet. You want others to orchestrate your life, like a puppeteer controlling every motion of a string.

 That's not enough. Why be a puppet? Heartless and made of wood or fabric? Wouldn't you rather live; breathe in a morning mist and hear the heartbeat of a newborn child? Feel. Heat, from a summer's glaze; cold, from a winter storm...

Do you even know you're here? Open your eyes. Open your ears. Open your hands and take my heart. I don't have much longer. I have been born and lived, but your future is still to come. 

Time doesn't last forever. My heart wasn't made to beat to your song, but it was meant to sing for my King. His timing is near. My clock is chiming for me.

I know that I can't be your puppeteer, but I do know that I can be your friend. I'll stand by your side until my timing is over. Will you take my heart in return? or will you pass it by and choose a decaying fame? Is your frozen lifestyle overcoming you with darkness and confusion? Can you even hear my voice.... I don't want you to shut this door. The life you're choosing is so much more burdensome than a life-set-free. 

Open your ears, my friend. Listen to my voice. Listen. That is my heart beating. A luminous instrument playing for you to hear. My heart wasn't made to be wasted, thrown to the ground and pierced with indifference. My heart was molded, formed, mended- so that yours might pulse too. I will give you my heart. If you would take it...

I want to share the life that Christ has given me, and I want to share it with, You. I've tried walking on water, but that is something only Christ can do. So here is my heart; the least I could do.

For You.

Use it.Take It.

Before I'm gone.

Before it's too late.

I don't have long...

... and nor do you.                                 

© 2012 Meliss@k


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was a nice bit of prose. I enjoyed the way that you took the idea of "giving" and pushed it to its most infinite measure...the idea that in giving we are truly recieving more than we give; if that makes any sense. This was bittersweet for me, because I could feel the honesty and depth of emotion playing the strings of my own heart in terms of friendships that I have had in the past. Nicely done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Meliss@k

10 Years Ago

It always makes me glad when my reader is touched by my writing in ANY way!



Reviews

If you give people your heart, don't be shocked when it returns to you bruised, broken, and battered. Opening your hear to people is a silly and dare I say foolish thing to do. They will destroy you in the end. But maybe you don't mind the pain.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was a nice bit of prose. I enjoyed the way that you took the idea of "giving" and pushed it to its most infinite measure...the idea that in giving we are truly recieving more than we give; if that makes any sense. This was bittersweet for me, because I could feel the honesty and depth of emotion playing the strings of my own heart in terms of friendships that I have had in the past. Nicely done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Meliss@k

10 Years Ago

It always makes me glad when my reader is touched by my writing in ANY way!
interesting how something called My heart can be heartbreaking. I don't really know what to say... it's really good, and... it has an identity in it, hard to explain.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Meliss@k

11 Years Ago

I feel the same way toward this poem; it touches you in a way that is hard to describe.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

328 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 21, 2012
Last Updated on November 21, 2012
Tags: love, relationships, heart, time, puppet, life

Author

Meliss@k
Meliss@k

TX



About
I dream of publishing a book of my poems one day. Until then; i'll be riding horses, loving on my dogs, writing poems, painting antlers, and livin' life for Christ. Consider this collection of my w.. more..

Writing
I Hate You I Hate You

A Poem by Meliss@k


Home Home

A Poem by Meliss@k