1 Introduction

1 Introduction

A Chapter by Kezia Isai Delacraux
"

Just the introduction chapter. Nothing too serious happens here.

"

It was a mildly hot morning, as it usually is in Los Angeles during the summer. Chris (our dear protagonist for this story) just had a one night stand (which NEVER happens, by the way) with a VERY gorgeous woman. He’s got decent looks, but he’s pretty shy and awkward towards people he’s not familiar with.  Which is why I said this kind of thing has never happened before. (More info on that later.)

He is just now groggily waking up. It’s currently 9:30 and he’s got work today… Speaking of which… Dude, wake up.

“Wha… huh?”

Don’t you have work today?

“Nrrgh… Not until ten…”

It’s 9:30, my guy. Get up.

“ooooOOOOH F**K!”

He got up as quickly as he can, trying to find his clothes that were thrown across the room. As soon as he got his clothes on he had just barely noticed that there was a girl laying on his bed. She had just woken up.

“Uhhh… Hey? I’m really sorry, but I gotta go to work now. It’s best if you leave and get on your way.” Chris said as he looks at himself in the mirror while also combing his hair frantically.

She awakens and sits up on Chris’ bed while covering her naked body with his blanket. Goddam, she’s hot. Lucky b*****d. She seems around five foot eight. She has blonde hair and skin as smooth as porcelain. (Don’t even get me STARTED on how well “developed” she is.)

“Alrighty! That was fun last night, hehe! I was hoping we could... y’know, meet up again?”

Chris had barely got himself dressed up for work when she said those words. He wasn’t really paying attention, to be quite honest.

“Uh, what? Errr… Yeah! For sure… M-Mary?”

“It’s uh… It’s Marilyn, but that’s close enough. (I guess.) I’ll write down my number and leave it on your bedside table. I’ll call you sometime, ‘kay?”

“Yeah, yeah. I’ll see ya later, Marilyn.”

Chris rushes towards the bathroom to do his business like brush his teeth and whatnot. Immediately when he got down, he went for the front door to put his shoes on. He sees Marilyn sitting down at the dinner table and his Russian Japanese friend John in the kitchen making coffee.

John Tatsuki is Chris’ roommate. The very definition of a lady killer. He has moderately good looks and is fairly tall. Well, I guess tall is a subjective thing. I believe his height is about six feet. He’s usually the one bringing in different girls like almost every week to the apartment. The two roommates watch out for each other. He comes from a relatively wealthy family. His mom being a divorce lawyer and his dad being an orthodontist. Just sorta bums around the house and leaves to go drink at bars, I guess.

“Whoa, dude. You brought a chick home? A-AND SHE’S HOT?” John exclaimed while ogling at her rack and bare legs.

“Hehe, thanks! You’re not too bad looking yourself.” She said with a slightly smoky glance towards John.

“Long story, no time. Marilyn, this is John. John, this is Marilyn. Help yourself to some of the stuff we have in the cupboard and fridge, but please don’t get TOO comfortable.”

Chris took a quick pause.

“John, I know how much of a manwhore you are, so PLEASE don’t get too close to Marilyn. I found her first.” Chris said confidently while glancing at John.

“Right… Right. I’ll uh, try not to. No promises, though.”

John was still ogling at Marilyn’s… everything. Chris did a very long disgruntled sigh.

“Aaaaanyways, I’m headin’ to work now. I’ll see you later John. Bye, Marilyn!”

Chris did a cute smile and wave in his usual fashion.

“Bye bye, Chris!” She said while waving and smiling.

“See ya later, you ladykiller you.”

“Not as much as you, you manwhore.”

Chris had stepped outside and then closed the door behind him. He was gone as fast as he woke up. He had got in his car and drove off to his work at the coffee shop as a barista. He’d usually start the car up and turn the a/c on first and wait for a bit so that the inside of the car will cool off, but seeing as he was running a bit late, he didn’t do so this time around.

Nobody really cares what kind of “exciting” stuff happens at Chris’s work, so let’s go back to the apartment. Yeah… It’s definitely not because I want to check out Marilyn. Alright, maybe it is.

There was a brief moment of silence once Chris had left the apartment. It was immediately broken when John had asked if she wanted something.

“So uh… Since you’re here, do you want anything? Water? Coffee? Some food? I’m about to make some breakfast.”

“Coffee is fine, I don’t plan to stick around for too long. Ugh, this hangover is killing me, though.”

“One coffee for princess comin’ right up! You take your coffee with cream and sugar?”

“Yes, please.” She said while fiddling with her phone. Probably looking over her social media.

“So if you don’t mind me asking, how did my sensitive and shy buddy Chris treat ya?”

“He was very sweet, actually. A nice change from the usual types I go out with… Until we got on the bed. Who knew behind that sweet facade of his was a mastermind in bed?”

“Whoa… That’s new. I’ve never heard of MY Chris being that type of person... “

“Yeah, I mean it’s a big a surprise for me last night as it is for you right now.”

“I didn’t have any luck in bringing any girls with me, unfortunately. I was definitely shook when I saw you walk out of his room. My little Chrissy all grown up.”

John did another up, down, and up checkout of Marilyn again.

“So has his taste in women… Say, why can’t you stay for a little while?”

“I gotta head back home because me and a couple of friends of mine are gonna be hanging out at the mall later. It’s Sunday today, and it’s when we usually just leisurely spend our free time out.”

“That’s a shame, I bet I could’ve “showed” you a MUCH better time.” He slyly said while holding his coffee cup, and then slowly taking a sip out of it.

“Hehe thanks, but I think I’ve had enough of that.”

There was another brief moment of silence. They both took sips of their coffee while John was making breakfast for himself and Marilyn checking her phone for notifications.

“Well, thanks for the coffee. I’m gonna get going now.”

She got up, grabbed her purse and started walking towards the front door with her bare feet while holding her high heels in one hand and her smartphone in the other.

“Lemme get the door for you.”

John walked ahead of her and opened the front door for Marilyn. Marilyn put on her high heels and gave John another smoky look.

“Thanks, John…” She said while slowly running her beautifully painted index fingernail down John’s chest.

“No problem…” John said while biting his lip.

He took a peek out the door as she walked out to check out her… rear end. Man, that is one FAT a-... Sorry. Errr, she left. So that was that.

John continued to cook his breakfast and decided to laze about all day and play video games since it was Sunday. He doesn’t really have a job, so it’s not like he doesn’t do this on the weekdays, either.

Hours and hours went by. John really had been lazing around on the couch playing video games all day just as he planned. He heard keys jingling and the unlocking of the front door. Chris is home!

“Honey, I’m hoooome!” Said Chris as he stepped inside the apartment.

“Hayyyy babe! Welcome home!”

Chris took off his shoes the way all lazy people do. You know, the thing where you step on the back of your heel with each shoe? Yeah, that thing. He walked towards the couch John was sitting on all day. He was staring blankly at the television with a controller in his hands.

“This is what you’ve been doing all day?” Chris said to John.

“Eeeyup… Ay, Can you pass me a beer in the fridge?”

“Ugh fine. I’ll probably grab one myself anyways.”

Chris grabbed the two beer cans, walked back to the couch, and gave a can to John. He sat down, cracked his beer open, and quickly started to take several big gulps down.

“So, how was work?” Said John, trying REALLY hard to care about Chris.

“Bleeeeeerrrrgghhhh…” Chris grumbled as he slowly slid downward on the couch.

“I’ll take that as a ‘Not so Great, John.’”

Chris took another big gulp of his beer.

“Man, you struck gold with that chick Marilyn last night, my dude.” He said while mindlessly mashing on his controller.

“You think so?”

“Yeah, dude. She’s like a perfect ten as far as looks go.”

“Mmm, I guess. She’s not really the type of girl I’m into, though. If I were to be around her all the time, I could see myself stressing out all the time.”

“From what?”

John had finally paused the game. He cracked open his beer and took a couple of swigs.

“I guess from other guys hitting on her… Just like how you were about to this morning.”

“Well-... Nah, that makes sense.”

“Man, this game is so grindy.” Chris pointed out.

“Yeah, I really don’t know why I still like it. FPS games have become grindy.”

Just a bunch of nonsense chit chat from the two for the next half hour. This was followed by more beer, and video games.

“Man, I don’t think I’d be able to do this all day.” Chris said while holding an empty beer can.

“Do what all day?”

“You know, what you’re doing right now. Just sitting around playing video games all day. Not really caring about my future. That sort of thing.”

John snickered a bit without changing his blank his expression.

“I guess it comes with practice.” John stated whilst still mashing buttons on the controller.

“Why do you even want a roommate? You’re living off your rich parents’ money!” Chris pointed out.

“Well, I did try living on my own for a few months, but then it got really lonely after awhile. Plus the space my parents gave me was way too big. So I decided to give that place back to my parents for them to decide what to do with it, and move out to an apartment. Besides, you should be thanking me for letting you be my roommate since I pay for all the bills and whatever.”

That fact is true. Although…

“Yeah, but if it weren’t for me, you’d forget to pay the bills anyways. Also, you don’t pay for ALL the bills. I pay for other stuff like our internet and electricity.”

John turned off the video game console and put down the controller on the coffee table. A table littered with older beer cans and some paperwork of some kind.

“What? You don’t have to do that. I can pay for all that crap, my guy.”

“Well I am paying for it. Otherwise, it’d feel like I’m just mooching off of you… I mean, mooching of your parents’ money. Unlike you.”

“Hey, when your parents offer you free living, you accept it. Ya don’t question it.”

“But is THIS what you’re gonna be doing the rest of your life?”

“Is being a barista at a coffee shop what you’re going to be doing for the rest of YOUR life?”

“Oh please, I have my own plans.”

“You sound confident. What are your plans?” He turned his head to look at Chris’ profile.

“I don’t have to tell you, why do you care?” Chris said while looking back at John.

“I do care! Anything for my little Chrissy boy.”

John reached out and pinched Chris’ right cheek.

“Ow ow ow! Unhand me you, cretin!”

“Alright alright! Sorry. Anyways, I’ll figure somethin’ out. I’m still young.”

They had both stopped talking for a little while because they were on their phones. Chris was checking his emails while John was looking at his recent calls and text messages.

“Hey, John.”

“Yeah, babe?”

“Urgh, please don’t call me that. Anyways, did you notice something… off about Marilyn?”

“That she was TOTALLY out of your league? Uhhh, yeah! I’d always thought you were into the quiet bookish type girls.”

“Thanks for the boost in confidence, dude. Not that. I mean, did you notice anything else that was weird about her?”

“Other than the fact that she was incredibly flirty, no.”

“Huh…”

There was a brief moment of silence between the two. Chris had gotten a text message. John was familiar with the tone of when Chris received a text message.

“Who’s the text from?” John said while playing some free to play app game.

“Uh-oh.”

“Uh-oh?”

“It’s from the alliance head. She needs you me to head towards HQ like right now.” Chris said in a slightly serious tone.

“Goddammit, why does she need us specifically?”

“Says here she needs a sensory AND a psychic user. Don’t know any other information aside from that.”

“Shiet, aight. Let’s go. I was starting to get bored, anyways.”

They had both gotten up, changed their clothes and head out towards the headquarters of the Alliance of Inner Ability Users. A headquarters in which people nationwide with inner abilities come together and technically act as an organized group to protect humankind from anomalies.

Oh right, did I forget to mention they had powers? Yeah, they have powers… Errr, I probably should’ve mentioned that from the start.



© 2017 Kezia Isai Delacraux


Author's Note

Kezia Isai Delacraux
Please excuse any grammatical and spelling errors. I'm trying to crank these out as fast as possible. ;^_^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
Added on September 26, 2017
Last Updated on September 29, 2017
Tags: Young Adult, Romance, Supernatural, Powers, Fiction


Author

Kezia Isai Delacraux
Kezia Isai Delacraux

Tokyo, Ikebukuro, Japan



About
Just a man who daydreams a little bit too much. I am currently in the process of writing a novel series (five books). I am also currently in the process of writing a single standalone sci-fi novel... more..

Writing