2 Teamwork!

2 Teamwork!

A Chapter by Kezia Isai Delacraux

Chris and John had arrived at the headquarters of Alliance of Inner Ability Users. Before they entered the facility, they took out their ID badges and scanned both of them at the entrance to get inside.  I can’t really disclose where it’s located at, but I can describe the headquarters itself. The front entrance has towering automatic sliding glass doors. While the inside… Meh, it’s like any other futuristic lobby space would look like. With it’s many computer screens, glossy white walls and floors, people walking to and fro, and overlapping voices about who’s gonna do what after their shift is done or about when the next meeting would be.

The party of two walked towards the front desk to ask where they should meet with the headmistress.

“Hello! I’m agent number 15, and I’m with agent number 10. We were messaged by the headmistress saying that she needed to see us immediately.” Chris said in a polite tone with that signature cute smile of his.

“Of course, sir. Can I get the case number that was included in your message and your ID’s to confirm your visit?”

“Uh, yeah. Here. Dude, hand me your ID.”

John handed his ID to Chris and then he handed both of their ID’s to the lady working at the front desk.

“Oh, right. The case number.”

Chris took out his phone and recites the exact numbers in order at the very bottom of the message that the headmistress had sent to him. The front desk worker had scanned their ID’s again and typed in the case number.

“All right, everything seems to be in order. Ms. Cipher will be waiting for you at floor B6 interrogation room number 9.”

“Thank you!”

The nice woman working at the front desk gave them back their ID’s and the two of them walked towards the elevator.

“She was cute, huh?” John said while he pushed the button to call the elevator.

“The new girl at the front desk? Yeah, she’s pretty cute.” Chris shrugged.

“I think I might ask her out before we head back home.”

The elevator had arrived and the doors slid open. John and Chris moved aside to let the several people in the elevator walk out. They both walked in the elevator and Chris pressed the “B6” button. The elevator door closed and there were only the two of them standing inside the elevator.

There was a brief pause once the elevator started moving.

“Wait, didn’t she said we had to meet her in an interrogation room?” John had pointed out.

“Yeah... so that means-” Chris was interrupted by John.

“That means she already has the anomaly in the interrogation room… Whatever the anomaly is, is probably possessing someone. That’s why she sent us.”

“A sensory user - that’s me - and a psychic user - that’s you. Exorcising and mind reading only works when a well developed sensory and psychic user with good synchronicity with each other combine their powers.” Chris said; finishing John’s statement.

“And there’s also the fact that we’re the well seasoned veterans of the alliance.” John pointed out.

The elevator dinged and the doors slowly opened once they’ve arrived at their floor.

“Alright, we’re here. Let’s go meet her.” Chris said before he took a deep breath.

They both walked out of the elevator and headed toward their room they’re supposed to meet the headmistress at.

Down the hall is where interrogation room number 9 is, and is also where the headmistress is waiting outside the room itself with her assistant beside her. The headmistress is looking as beautiful as always. She is wearing a business formal dress that contours and hugs her hourglass figure. She has her hair tied up in a ponytail and she’s wearing frameless glasses giving her this very executive and almost intimidating feel towards her whole being. She’s very young, despite her very mature and professional personality. No one really knows her age, but if I had to guess? ...She’d probably be around 28 years old. (Please don’t quote me on that.) Her ethnicity is Japanese and Korean, which added even more to her charm for many.

The two walked up to her and said their greetings.

“Hello, Ms. Cipher.” Chris said with respectively as he bowed.

“It’s nice to meet you again, Ms. Cipher.” John also bowed.

“Hello, Mr. Lafayette. Glad to see you again.” She said with a smile towards Chris.

“Likewise, Mr. Tatsuki.” She said with a stern look towards John.

“I do apologize for summoning you both here on such short notice, but all the other high-class sensory and psychic users are currently occupied in several other missions. I do have agent number 128 in the interrogation room that is a binder user to keep the anomaly at bay. As for the reason on why you’re both here, the anomaly has possessed a civilian. As you already know, when an anomaly possesses a human, it drains the life force of the human and it will kill the human when the anomaly has drained all of the human’s life force. A binder can only bind the human and the anomaly possessing it. That’s where you two come in to exorcise the anomaly. Once the anomaly has been successfully exorcised, the binder captures it and contains it in a holding container. Are your instructions clear?”

“Yes ma’am. We’ll proceed immediately with your instructions.” Affirmed Chris.

“Sounds like a plan, Stan. Errr… I mean, yes ma’am.” Chris said trying to sneak a joke in.

The headmistress gave John a very stern look.

“...Right. Proceed with caution.”

Ms. Cipher and her assistant stepped a few feet away from the door to let the two in. Chris and John both took a couple of steps forward towards the door of the interrogation room. John stopped Chris from touching the door knob.

“Wait, dude.” John said as he put out his right hand in front of Chris.

“What?” He looked at John’s hand and then immediately at John himself.

“Who’s gonna be the big spoon this time?”

The headmistress’ and her assistant’s eyes widened, and then they both looked each other, and then back at the two.

“Uh, I guess I’ll be the little spoon this time.”

“Yay! I get to be the big spoon~” John said happily.

“Okay, now let’s go.” John said while turning the door knob.

Chris opened the door and the two stepped inside the room. The interrogation room is dimly lit with only one light hanging from the ceiling at the center of the room. The man that is currently being possessed by the anomaly is sitting still with his eyes shut and his hands tied to the chair that’s permanently planted on the ground. The binder is there in the room about 8 feet in front of the possessed keeping him and the anomaly at bay.

“You’re agent number 128?” John asked and pointed at the young man.

“Ah! Yes! Hello Mr. Tatsuki and Mr. Lafayette! I am the binder assigned to this case.”

“Haha hey, I get that we have slight seniority, but please don’t address us like that. It makes me feel… old.” John said with an awkward smile.

“R-right. Sorry about that, uh… John.”

“Anyways, did the headmistress already explain the whole plan to you?” Chris said trying to get everyone back on the mission.

“Yes, she has already briefed me on the strategy.”

“Okay, so get your holding container ready. John and I are going to exorcise the demon, and we’ll cue you to bind the anomaly into the container, sound good?” Chris informed the binder.

“Alright, let’s do it. Let me just get into position here.” The binder said as he moves to the left of the possessed human.

The binder gets into a stance. He looks towards Chris and John and gives them an affirming nod to continue with the plan. The two move towards the possessed human and stands in front of him about six feet away.

“Alright, John. You said you’re gonna be the big spoon this time, right?” Chris moved in front of John making Chris’ back face John and raised his arms as if inviting him.

“Ooh, yay!~” John wrapped his left arm tightly around Chris and puts his right hand on Chris’ heart.

“Urk! Tight!” Exclaimed Chris.

“You won’t be able to feel my heartbeat otherwise. Stop complaining and let’s start the synchronization.”

Whenever two inner ability users combine their powers, they have to synchronize with each other. Meaning that their state of mind, breathing, and even their heartbeats have to be in sync with each other. Although, if the synchronization is successful and sustained, both users’ powers multiply tenfold. Synchronization also unlocks different abilities. The unlocked abilities differ from the two hidden ability users. The one great drawback is if synchronization is kept for more than five minutes long, it can put incredible physical and mental strain on both users… So yeah, pretty intense s**t, right?

John and Chris closed their eyes and tried to find their center. Everyone in the room was silent and still. The binder still in his stance waiting for the signal from the other two hidden ability users. Some time passed and a faint purple glow started to emanate from Chris and John.

When two hidden ability users enter synchronization, they are also able to telepathically communicate with each other.

“Okay, we’re now in sync.” Chris said telepathically to John.

“Let’s do this.”

Chris slowly lifts his arms horizontally out in front of himself. The binder quickly looks at the two and then back at the possessed human. He re-tightens his stance.

The exorcision has begun. Both Chris and John’s eyes are still closed. The possessed human’s body began to tremble and shake. Chris shapes his hands into fists, and the body starts to shake even more. Half a minute passed and the body immediately stops trembling. Chris then raises his right hand above his head and a large black wisp came out of the possessed body. This was the anomaly.

“Now!” Both Chris and John shouted in unison.

The binder puts both his hands into fists as if grabbing the anomaly from a distance. He then moves his arms towards a small cube looking like container. The anomaly is then shoved inside of said container. It’s all over. The two that were clamped together opened their eyes and everyone takes a sigh of relief; almost as if in unison.

“Well, that was fun.” The binder said sarcastically now shaking his body loose.

“That was REALLY fun.” John said playfully while still clinging onto Chris. He then nibbled Chris’ left ear.

“Ahn~” Chris groaned... almost sensually.

The binder looked at both of them with a bewildered expression. Chris immediately pushed him off after this act.

“Yo, that is NOT okay!” Chris shouted at John with a blushed face.

“Sorry, ‘bout that. I won’t do it again… probably.” John said slyly.

With the room filled to the brim from awkwardness, the three promptly exited out of the interrogation room. The headmistress and her assistant waiting out in the hallway. She approached the three.

“Has the deed been done, Mr. Lafayette?” Said Ms. Cipher while fixing her glasses’ position.

“Yes, ma’am. Mission completed.” Chris affirmed.

“Very nicely done, you two.”

“Yeah, yeah. We’re getting paid for this, right?” John pointed out.

Ms. Cipher sighed. “Yes, you will be funded for your actions today as soon as the cleanup is done, and the civilian is safe and in recuperation.”

“Niiiice!” John exclaimed while patting Chris’ shoulders.

“Vinny, can I entrust you with everything from here?” Ms. Cipher looked at her assistant.

“Yes, Ms. Cipher. You can leave it to me.” The young assistant nodded.

“We’ll be heading home now, Ms. Cipher. It’s getting pretty late.” Chris pointed out.

“Understood. Thank you again for the assistance. You may head home now.” Ms. Cipher nodded, allowing them to leave.

“Goodbye, Ms. Cipher.” Chris said.

“Bye, Ms. Cipher!” John said in a cheery voice waving goodbye to Ms. Cipher.

She completely ignores John.

They both headed oud and decided to get Chinese takeout before heading home. The two got home and started to eat at their kitchen table. Talking about the events that had happened throughout the day.

“Man, it’s been a long a*s day.” John was chowing down on his chow mein. ...Get it?

“What the f**k you mean it’s been a long a*s day? You did nothing but sit around and play video games half the day.”

“Yeah, well that’s no easy feat. You’ve even told me yourself!”

“Ugh, whatever dude.” Chris said eating fried rice.

A few minutes that passed by without any dialogue as they were too busy scarfing down their dinner.

“Oh yeah, why did you do that back then?” Chris said trying to bring it up.

“Did what when?” John mumbled with his mouth full of food.

“You nibbled on my ear after the exorcision! That was really uncalled for!”

John almost chokes on his food. “Oh yeah that! Haha! That was great! I never knew you made noises like that when you get teased! It honestly turned me on a bit.”

“PLEASE don’t do that again… Ugh, and in front of the binder, too.”

Another few minutes passes by as they finish their food.

“Oh yeah, I’ve been meaning to ask…” Chris says as he’s throwing away the empty plastic containers from the Chinese takeout.

“What’s up?”

“Why does Ms. Cipher always act so coldly towards you? ...Besides the fact that you don’t treat her with enough respect.”

“Probably because I used to go out with her.” John said nonchalantly.

“Oh… WAIT WHAT?!”



© 2017 Kezia Isai Delacraux


Author's Note

Kezia Isai Delacraux
Please excuse any grammatical and spelling errors! I'm trying to crank these out as fast as I can! Thank you for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
Added on September 29, 2017
Last Updated on September 29, 2017
Tags: Romance, Young Adult, Fiction, Powers, Supernatural


Author

Kezia Isai Delacraux
Kezia Isai Delacraux

Tokyo, Ikebukuro, Japan



About
Just a man who daydreams a little bit too much. I am currently in the process of writing a novel series (five books). I am also currently in the process of writing a single standalone sci-fi novel... more..

Writing