To Him- Half a Year Later

To Him- Half a Year Later

A Story by scarlynn

It's probably an illusion- I can't be too sure of my reality when it's only there for three seconds at a time- but the point I'm trying to make this time, is that the look he gave me melted my heart with such ferocity that Antarctica shrunk in size. I was ice-brained but I could fool anyone into thinking I was a sunburnt southerner. Except him- that charismatic bravado in my chest quivered and left me speechless more than enough times to be embarrassed. But, he reached out and my mind has sprouted a field of the reddest roses I have felt since I was seventeen. 
I don't know what it is about unconventionally attractive human beings- specifically men- that make my heart run with mustangs any time I see or even think about them. There's thunder in my ears, but it must just be the blood running thick and fast. I wasted no time getting my hopes as high as they could just to feel that vacant lot of an emotion- I was enamored.
I was being selfish. I was being greedy in my time spent sitting right next to him. It was there. Fall asleep in the big hospital sofa-chairs and wake up to see him sitting right next to me. I was ravenous for this new and even intrusive energy in my life. 
These eyes were not even dark. They were a light chestnut-hazel with a spirit in the middle. Noteably long eyelashes and jawbones cut with diamond. But the most alluring thing was the tired, awestruck- maybe even pleading- drawn out gaze I fell upon from across the room in the exchange game of staring at something magnetically dazzling that endured a week between us. The light he bore in every room was so bright I couldn't see anyone else. 

© 2018 scarlynn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on July 25, 2018
Last Updated on July 25, 2018

Author

scarlynn
scarlynn

Canada



About
insufferable more..

Writing
Pretzel Pretzel

A Poem by scarlynn