too late

too late

A Poem by mr valentino
"

a young mans heart spilled

"

michael j

 

Used to be a trick, used to think I was big, used to think it was the right image to hold, but little did I know I was wrong.

I didn't see her for who she was, my love for her was there but I didn't know it at the time, blinded by my image, blinded by the light, blinded by my own stupidity, so blind I don't deserve to even lay my eyes on her.

I wish I grasped what could have been mine. I wish I wasn't so scared to fall in love, but I ain't too scared to fall in love, its love that is scared to let me be loved, like I don't deserve to be loved.

I see myself listening to slow jams more than ever. I see myself avoiding other girls. I know she is the one. I can see so clearly as I am one year out of our little relationship.

I look back and wonder how I fell in love with her. I realise it was her smile, her voice, her modesty, her petiteness, her charm, her gentle approach, the way she knew me like a book even though she had so little time to read me.

The fact that she knows that I've changed, the fact she knows I am like no other boy, 17 and I am so wise. I realise that it was the slow jams that made me change, the fact that I cried for her and she still does not know, the PAIN!

I have tried to win her back. She knows how I feel. I wish I was with her now instead of writing this pointless prose.

The plain fact is that you wont understand this, you cant even help me. You probably think I'm sprung, you probably think I got problems, you probably think she is a b***h, you might even think I'm just a teenager in love. But this is not no petty puppy love this is real and I don't think I will let her go, but ... the day I hold her will be the day I burn these words.

© 2009 mr valentino


Author's Note

mr valentino
a little taster

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

thank you for your support everyone it is much appreciated

Posted 14 Years Ago


A very well crafted piece so nicely penned and deeply expressed!

Posted 14 Years Ago


awwww that was so sweet and very well explained from your emotion , beautifuly written
keep up the work

Posted 14 Years Ago


Well for a little taster, you did very well. you expressed yourself so well in the way you feel about her. Look forward to reading more writes.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 14, 2009

Author

mr valentino
mr valentino

london, United Kingdom



About
just living life each day as it hits me more..


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Blue Babe Blue Babe

A Chapter by John Stussy


Joints Joints

A Poem by Alessander