Chapter 3, The Date

Chapter 3, The Date

A Chapter by Naomi Bloom
"

The third chapter of the high school romance between Yugi and Joey.

"

I


The rest of Yugi’s day crawled by.  He got a ride home, while Joey walked with his friends.  Miho smiled daringly at Joey while Tristan fired him an angry look.  


Suddenly Tea spoke up, “Okay, spill.  What’s going on between you and Yugi?”


“Eh, nothing.  Nothing!  I cracked a few jokes, ok?”


Tea put her hands on her hips.


“Okay, so maybe we’re going out tonight and you’re not invited!”


“I wonder what rule-breaking activities are planned,” Tristan added.


“Swaying Yugi to help him with his schemes, that’s awful!” Miho exclaimed, “You should be ashamed of yourself!”


Joey’s friends interrogated him about the Romeo and Juliet scene, and why he kept ignoring them.


“Don’t worry, guys!  It’s nothing!” he reassured them as he walked across his apartment’s lawn.  They gave him skeptical looks as the apartment door swung shut.  He exhaled in relief and took the elevator to the third floor.  340.  341.  342.  343.  He unlocked it.  No one home.  


“I guess pops went to the pub early, spending my salary,” Joey burned with anger, then sighed, “Calm down.  Date time.”


Joey rummaged through his closet of stained clothes.  White shirt, black pants.  He wore those at his grandpa’s funeral.  He took a shower, put on cologne, got dressed, brushed his teeth, combed his hair and put on his only dress shoes.  He glanced at himself in the smashed mirror.  Not bad.  


He drifted down the elevator, across the lawn, down a few blocks, materialized and stalked up the game shop driveway.  A cheerful bell sounded as Joey opened the door.  


“Joey, you’re here!” Yugi ran toward the door.  He stopped abruptly, “Why are you so dressed up?”


Yugi was still in his school uniform as he slipped his shoes on at the door.


“Well, it’s a special night,” Joey sighed.


“If it’s so special, then why didn’t Yugi dress up?” Grandpa Yugi eyed him suspiciously.  


“Eh, we’re going to miss our reservation, Yugi, let’s go,” Joey said quickly.  Then he mumbled, “What a smart a*s.”


“Ok, bye Grandpa!”


The old man waved meekly as the door slammed shut.


Suddenly Joey realized something, “Damn!  No car!” he thought, “But I’ve got better!”


“Come with me,” Joey said.


Yugi and Joey walked to Joey’s house where they travelled to the apartment garage.  There was a last name above each parking spot.  Soon they saw WHEELER above a blue motorbike. 


“Hop on,” Joey beckoned as Yugi stared in wonder.  For the whole ride, Yugi clutched Joey very tightly, scared of falling.  They could not speak through the vrooms and pops, but sometimes actions speak louder than words.


They arrived at the restaurant and walked up the sidewalk.  The restaurant was in the shape of an enormous valentine heart, with one of cupid’s arrows through it.  Italian music played loudly from the inside.  All of a sudden Joey pulled Yugi aside.  He pulled out two fedora hats.


“Put one on,” he said.  Yugi eyed him in bewilderment but did it anyway.  Then Joey pasted a fake goatee to his face and held out a narrow moustache, “That too.”


“Joey, what are we doing?” Yugi cried.


With his free hand Joey pulled out two fake ID cards from his inside pocket.


“Yugi, we’re underage,” he pressed the mustache to Yugi’s phalange, “there’s no way they’ll let us in if we don’t look over eighteen.” 


He shoved the ID card into Yugi’s pocket and started walking toward the restaurant.


“Wait a minute?” Yugi exclaimed, “You want me to break the law?”


A few people stared at him.  Joey’s hand flew to Yugi’s mouth.  He harshly shushed him.


“Kaiba comes here all the time without a disguise anyway.”


“Then why do we need a disguise?”


“Because we’re not rich like Kaiba.  Just one night, Yugi.  One night when you don’t listen to what Grandpa says!”


Yugi sighed, “You’re sure they have hamburgers?”


“Yup,” Joey smiled.


“Ok,” he sighed again.


They both walked in and an Italian waiter showed them to a dim, candlelit booth.


“Can I start you off with drinks?” he asked suavely.


“Yes, I’ll have a light lager.”


“ID?”


Joey flashed the fake birth certificate and Yugi did likewise.


“Yes… sorry, sir.”


“And some alcoholic cider for my man over here.  Could we get some romantic music at our table?”


“Absolutely,” the waiter pulled out a little stereo and switched it on.  ‘Besame Mucho’ played quietly.  The waiter left.


“R-romantic music, Joey?” Yugi asked, “What does that restaurant’s name mean?”


A different waiter butted in and sang, “La Vita del Presto Amore!  The Life of Very Fast Love!


“The Life of Very Fast Love?!  What does that mean?” he looked very confused.


“Yugi,” Joey sighed.  He gulped and took a deep breath, “I love you.  That’s what this is all about!  The Shakespeare!  The motorbike!  The fancy outfit!  The restaurant!  The romantic music!  I did it all for you!”


“You l-l-l-love me?”


“By god Yugi, my love for you is as large as a million suns, and just as hot!  I might explode I love you so much!”


“Um, that’s very nice, but I’m a guy, Joey!”


“Why do you think I picked this restaurant?”


Yugi looked at all the other couples sitting at tables; men with men, women with women, a few loners.


“That’s right, Yugi, it’s a gay bar.”


He gasped, “This is kind of well-planned for you, Joey.  Do you really mean it?”


“Does it look like I don’t?”


“Well, don’t tell anyone, but,” he sighed, “I feel this way, too.  In love, I mean.  With you.”


“Is this… true love?” Joey leaned in for a kiss.  Two drinks were elegantly placed between them.


“Presto!” the waiter cried.


They looked at each other for a few minutes and agreed.  


A few rounds later, they were on their way.  They barely spoke to each other until they reached Yugi’s house.


“It’s already past Grandpa’s bedtime.  Let’s go back to the game shop for privacy.”


Joey nodded and tried to follow Yugi’s spiky crown in the darkness.  The glowing moon looked down on their nightly activity.  They opened the door whose usually cheerful bell had an eerie quality that night.  Yugi’s hands were shaking as he tried to steady himself with the shelves filled with cards.  As he made his way to the front, one card stood out.  It was the Dark Magician.  And Yugi could swear that he saw that card wink at him.


Joey’s stomach was filled with butterflies as he tried to navigate in the shadows.  The room had become a haunted house.  The coat rack was a cackling witch.  The bell was a shrieking bat.  The vending machines were aliens with enormous brains.  Worst of all, an iron maiden had come to life and was headed toward him.  Joey was too paralyzed to run or scream.  Instead he stood in petrified silence.


Yugi’s fear was vanishing.  He saw the outline of Joey and approached.  “So close,” he thought.


Joey twitched in fear and he sensed his impending doom.  The iron maiden’s spikes could easily pierce him right now.  Where was Yugi?


Immediately he felt soft lips on his chin.  He felt around and touched a smooth hand that quivered a little.  Yugi.  His lips ascended Joey’s face, hitting his lips full on.  The sensation was incredible.  Joey felt no more fear.  He grasped Yugi tightly.  He wanted to do unspeakable things.  Lick his fingers.  Rub his spikes.  Suck his n*****s.  His tongue boldly explored new territory.  It was amazing.


Yugi gripped Joey tightly.  The kiss could stop if he let go of him.  Joey’s tongue ventured into him, not too deep, but enough to make a difference.  It felt so sensational, neither of them could stop.  Their kiss became more and more passionate.  They only stopped for a moment to take a tiny gasp of a breath and continued.  Through the pleasure, Joey noticed that Yugi was starting to glow but he kept going.  He closed his eyes while Yugi’s eyes changed in shape.


“AaaaaAAAAAhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Yugi unplastered his lips from Joey’s.


“Huh?” Joey opened his eyes.  He saw Yugi, only taller, more serious and with more highlights.  It was Yami Yugi.  Joey sizzled in annoyance.


“J-Joey?  Was I kissing you?” Yami realized the answer to his question, “Oh dear son of Osiris.”


He vomited on the floor, and began a hacking cough, “For Dark Magician’s sake!”


Yami switched back to Yugi and Yugi asked politely, “Uh, could you excuse me for a second?”


Joey nodded.  



II


In the millennium puzzle.  Yami and Yugi are standing in the hallway between Yami and Yugi’s rooms.

 

“You’re ruining everything!” Yugi cried.


Yami took out toothpaste and a toothbrush and brushed his teeth vigorously.  He barely listened to Yugi as he gurgled.


“Why did you even come out?” Yugi asked angrily.


“I wanted to try out that interesting contraption that you sleep on,” Yami coughed, “Oh Kuribohsticks!”


He vomited again on the floor in the hallway of their mind.  It began to flow into Yugi’s room.


“Yami!  I just cleaned this room yester…” Yugi stopped as he looked inside.  His room looked quite different.  Toys still littered the room, except they were all pushed toward the walls, away from the centre.  The room had been cleared for a small table.  Placed upon it were four objects: a medium-sized picture of Joey, a small bottle of cologne, an empty vase and a deep red rose in front of the display, with specks of water still covering it.  


“Interesting re-arranging,” Yami remarked.  Yugi went white and whipped the door shut.  


“I didn’t do it!”


Yami threw up one more time and then pried open Yugi’s door.


“Hey!” Yugi tried to resist.


Yami saw the strange display and turned toward a nervous Yugi, “You’ve matured, Yugi,” he said, “Don’t get me wrong, it’s no monster, but it isn’t a toy either.”


Yami stared at Yugi intently, “You’re in love,” then he brushed his teeth again, “But, Yugi, did it have to be a man?  That was absolutely revolting!”


Yugi sighed as Yami started to vigorously exfoliate his face, “You’ll be safe if you don’t use the puzzle at your own will anymore.   Promise?”


Yami nodded sadly.  Yugi turned to leave, when Yami bellowed, “Holy Raigeki Break!”


Yugi raised an eyebrow.


“Sorry,” Yami apologized, “Flashback.”


“Darn you, Joey,” Yami cried, “Darn you to heck!”  He then burst into convulsions.


Yugi smirked as he was about to leave, “Hey Yami, by the way, Dark Magician approves.”


Yami gaped as Yugi left.


Yugi escaped his body’s trance and said, “Hi, Joey!”


“Where were we?” Joey purred.


Joey pulled Yugi to the floor and ripped his shirt off.


“We w-weren’t here,” Yugi stuttered.


“Hey, we were about to be,” Joey insisted.


“I d-don’t think I’m ready.”


“Yugi, please, let’s make music together.”


“Jo…”



III


“C’mon, everyone’s doing it,” Solomon heard a voice with an American accent.


Grandpa Moto could hear the dispute from up in his bedroom.  He had heard that line so many times in his life.  He tore off his blankets and rushed down the hallway, crisply and silently.


“Well, ok,” Yugi sighed, “I can’t see why Grandpa would object.”


Childish ignorance, Solomon fumed, I would never approve.  He flew down the stairs leading to the game shop, like a snowy owl.


Joey smiled and started ripping off his own clothes.  Yugi followed suit.


FLIP.  Solomon Moto flipped on the lights, seeing his son and Joey, nearly naked.  Yugi knew what happened next.  Other parents would shriek, growl and throw things.  Not gramps.  Solomon would not get loud and boisterous.  This was his lethally dangerous tone.  His non-violent anger seemed more dangerous.  Like a corpse that could come alive at any moment or a close friend who could suddenly stab you in the back.  It was completely silent for such a long time.  Then Grandpa spoke.


“Get the hell out,” his voice sliced through the air.


Joey quickly fled with his clothes in hand.  He had never seen such a perversion of a kind person before.



© 2013 Naomi Bloom


Author's Note

Naomi Bloom
So that’s all I have written. If you like it, let me know and I’ll write more. I do have some ideas. If not, then I’ll just leave it at this, unless I’m bored and feel like finishing it anyway.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
Added on January 2, 2013
Last Updated on January 2, 2013
Tags: chapter, joey wheeler, yugi moto, jounouchi, high school, domino, japan, romance, fan fiction, yugioh, yu-gi-oh, anime, manga, cartoon, animation, city, romeo, juliet, shakespeare, teenager, love


Author

Naomi Bloom
Naomi Bloom

Ontario, Canada



About
An amateur writer of poems, short stories and other types of writing. I recently graduated from university and I am trying to figure out what to do with my life. Victorian England, name meanings, be.. more..

Writing
Drowning Drowning

A Poem by Naomi Bloom