Rain

Rain

A Story by Hogwarts
"

Like a lot of my stuff, I found this piece that I wrote two years ago and just found it.

"

People often talk of the stinging rain. How it burns your skin like hot wax, always bringing death and destruction along with it. I don’t believe them. It is just a silly story to force people out of that false sense of security. No, I don’t believe them at all. However, I couldn’t help feeling a little paranoid when I saw the clouds and smelt the metallic air. I had never in my life seen clouds like them before. They were huge and dark purplish gray in color. It looked as if the sky was bruised. I stared at them anxiously. The winds picked up speed and the trees started sway, swirling up dead leaves around my feet. I started to run. This was a storm like no other, and it was heading straight towards my town. I ran even faster, gasping to fill my aching lungs with every stride. Lightning struck a tree nearby, engulfing it in blue flames. Thunder roared above me and I fell to the ground. I tried to get back up, but I felt as if my legs were glued to the earth. And then the rains came.

© 2015 Hogwarts


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Powerful imagery and a nice narrative.

Posted 8 Years Ago


You have created such a beautiful imagery here. A visual treat for the readers. Lovely.!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Hogwarts

8 Years Ago

Thank you! :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

345 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 9, 2015
Last Updated on November 20, 2015

Author

Hogwarts
Hogwarts

Grapevine, TX



About
Hi, I'm Neeley and I am 17. I don't really ever know what to put here so if you want to know more about me, just send me a message! :) more..

Writing
Blossom Blossom

A Poem by Hogwarts


Dear Neeley Dear Neeley

A Poem by Hogwarts