Remembrenece of things present

Remembrenece of things present

A Story by Arianna

In 20 years I won’t remember what jeans I wore, I won’t remember my bus number or what color my nails were. I won’t remember  all the people who made me mad, or every little thing that made me sad.  But there are some things I will remember. I’ll remember the Friends that I made. How they made every day bearable. Ill remember the days at the park, and the trips to the library that were more fun than they sound. Ill remember  all the times we went to the mall, and all the photos that we took. ill remember the time I broke my foot skipping up the street with my best friends. And how much I hated being in the emergency room after. beacuse in twenty years, that will be all of my childhood that matters. In 20 years I wont remember all the things that seemed so important. I wont remember how loud my brothers music was when I was trying to do my homework. I wont remember what I had for dinner, or how many slivers I got from that unsanded piece of wood on the front porch. I wont remember all the trips to the grocery store. They will all become a blur. One big trip to the super market, one big sliver. In twenty years the boy who skateboards past my house every day wont seem so important.  and all the times I missed the bus will be just one big pile of “whoops”. In twenty years I wont remember how I parted my hair, or where my locker was. I will have to strain myself to remember the names of my teachers and try hard to recall what they taught me. Because In twenty years ill have more 20 years worth or memories, twenty years worth of annoying brothers and boys on skateboards. Twenty more years  worth of splinters and broken feet. Twenty more years of things that seem so important when they’re happening, but their not. In twenty years ill look back at where I am now, and see a fifteen year old girl. Ill remember my friends, and all the good times that we had togother. Ill remember my family, and all the reunions and thanksgivings. Ill look back and forget all the things that botherd me. Because they wont seem so important.  in twenty years I wont remember writing this, by then I will have more important things to remember than all the assignments I did in high school. But ill look back at it and laugh. Because twenty years is a long time. Long enough to forget that I loved to read books, to forget that I didn’t have cable and that the computer stopes working sometimes. Long enough to forget how Boreing School was. To forget all the little things that drove me crazy, forget how heavy my backpack was and how early I had to wake up. Because right now, those are my biggest worries. My big exam, my next quiz, getting my homework doesn’t, calling my boyfriend, texting my friends. And in twenty years it will mean nothing to me. But in twenty years when I look back I want to remember the things I now hold so dear. In twenty years I won’t remember what jeans I wore, I won’t remember what number my bus was, or what color my nails were. I’ll remember my friends, my family and my life. All the things that is really important.

 

© 2010 Arianna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awsome story keep up the amazing work

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice :) I especially like the part about how the irritating things will become a blur ... one big shopping trip, one big sliver ... and about recognizing that, while all these good things will also seem small in 20 years, these small things become our lives, become who we are :) You are so very wise ...

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 16, 2010
Last Updated on December 16, 2010

Author

Arianna
Arianna

NC



About
Hi there, So I know I have a really horrible tendency to drop off the face of the earth. No promises I wont do it again. I do that. But my husband and I are writing a book and we would love some i.. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Arianna