1. Skeletons And Secrets

1. Skeletons And Secrets

A Chapter by Sinbulvinter
"

Secrets can rot a person's soul and eat away at your humanity. Meet Frey and Rema, two serial killers with closets lined with skeletons and secrets.

"
-Frey-

"Let me tell you a secret."

Dull eyes stare into space, as if waiting for me to go on.  Her face wet from the downpour of rain, caked with mud that covers the ground.

"You can't tell anyone, Understand?" I threaten, my face leaning in close to her ear. My voice lowers to almost a whisper. "I kill people..."

There is no reaction or expression. Her face remains blank, staring into space with her lips slightly parted.

"Don't look at me like that, not like I want to or anything.  Then again, it isn't like I don't want to or try to stop.  It's just the only thing I know. The only thing that feels familiar. It's all I've ever had, all I've ever been. It's probably all I'll ever be." I say thoughtfully, leaning back against the tree and looking up into the sky.  I watch the rain fall down, listening to the pattering sound of it hitting the leaves and ground.

"It just makes me feel alive. Makes me feel in control and strong.  It's a thrill like nothing else, a twisted type of satisfaction I get when I see the life drain from a person's eyes... It makes me feel... I don't know. I would say it makes me happy, but I don't really know what that feels like." I ramble on, more to myself than her. "I can't say I hate it. I can't say I'd ever stop or that I'd even want to.  I'll probably die this way."

Still no movement. No surprise, disgust, or fear. Just that blank stare.

The sound of the rain is almost deafening, blocking out the voices for once.  It's almost cold. Cold enough to give me goosebumps and make my hair rise on my arms. My body shakes, but I don't feel it... Or I more so don't give a damn.

"I really don't have much of a choice.  How would I eat if I didn't do what I did? How would I survive? You need a social security number and a home to even get a decent job.  And f**k, I don't even got a last name I know of... My first name isn't even my real name.  So I don't have a choice.  You wouldn't understand. You were born lucky, probably a silver spoon in your mouth, loving parents, judging by your looks every girl probably wanted to be you and every guy probably wanted to be with you.  You probably had everything handed to you." I'm almost bitter... Almost.

"I never had any of that s**t.  But I'm not angry... Can't miss something you never even had. And if I had what you had, I wouldn't be who I am now.  I'd be some blind m**********r like the rest of them." I sigh, looking back over at her. "You won't tell anybody right? My secrets safe with you, right?"

The cold eyes just stare off, face completely lifeless.

"Oh yeah, course you won't tell anyone," I chuckle, "You're dead!"

My laughter echoes like a madman. Like I just told the funniest joke in the world. My ribs hurt from laughing so hard.  I pull myself off the ground, still chuckling slightly. I frown, hands on my hips as I look down at the two corpses.  Bodies covered in gashes and blood, mixing with the mud. "Now, What am I going to do with you?"


-Rema's POV-

"Can I tell you something?" I ask carefully.

"Hmm? Yea... Sur'...Whatev'r..." Kacia mumbles in a slurred voice, eyes glazed from all the drugs and booze she ingested.  She's too fucked up to remember a damn word I say, let alone process it.

"Sometimes... I kill people."

"Ah? Really? That's cool..." She rubs her eyes, lying on the sofa.  Exactly.  She has no clue what I'm even saying.

"I just go into flashbacks... Usually after I'm walking home from the club when some dude wants to try s**t... Next thing I know I black out and he's dead. I don't mean to, it just happens and I feel awful afterwards.  I hate myself..."

"Yeah, sometimes the weather man totally lies..." She rambles in a drunken haze.  Wow, she must really be out of it.  She's in her own little world right now.  I make a mental note to watch her in case of an overdose tonight.

"I just... Had to tell somebody..." I mutter hopelessly.

"Yeah, a burger would be awesome." She smirks, dozing off into her sleep.

I stare down at her, eyes tired and dull. "Stupid junkie, you're gonna kill yourself one of these days..." I tell her passed out form, throwing a blanket over her and walking into my bedroom.  I let my hair down, changing from the mini skirt and tank top to a pair of pjs.  I groan when I hear my cell ringing, somewhat relieved when it's Zekk.

"Yeah, it's taken care of." He tells me over the phone, voice sounding a bit muffled like he's outside.

"Thanks... Again, I'm sorry."

"You gonna tell me what happened this time?  You know it's getting worse and the guys are gonna start asking questions." I sense concern in his voice, like an older brother looking out for his sister.

"I didn't mean to... The guy followed me back from the club, must have seen me dancing and thought he could get a free show..."

"You gotta stop working there, girl. Then maybe you wouldn't run into so many dirtbags."

"You know I can't. No body's gonna hire a high school drop out with prostitution charges." I tell him, "It's just with like you. I have do what I have to in order to get by."

"Hey, I get ya, but it don't mean you can't look around. Get a GED or somethin'..." he sighs, "Look, I don't mind doing this for you... But you gotta slow down.  There's gotta be another way to get away from situations like that besides... You know..."

"I don't think... It just happens... Flashbacks."

"Yeah, but that a*****e's been dead for two years now... Maybe you should get some help..."

"I'm not seeing a damn shrink." I growl, pacing back and forth in the bedroom.

"Well, seeing a shrink and getting your s**t together sounds a lot better than ending up behind bars."

"Look, I said I'm sorry. I'll try to not to do it, okay?" I snap, "I'm tired, I just wanna go to bed..."

"Okay..."

I hang up and sit on my bed, face in my hands.  Too long I've been having him clean up my messes and risking himself for me.  His crew has no idea the bodies are my fault, if he's even told them about them.  He could end up in a lot of trouble... But I have no one else to turn to when this happens... How would I know how to get rid of a body?

This is eating me up inside, killing me. Every time I do it, I feel like a part of me dies with the person.  I wish I could stop. I wish I had more self control. I wish I didn't go into a flashback every time somebody touches me and end up doing s**t like this.  I've lost who I am. I don't even feel like a human being anymore. I don't even feel the desire to live anymore.  Everything I had and everything I was is gone... It's as dead as my victims...

I used to be a victim, but now I'm a monster... I'm just as bad. If not worse.


© 2016 Sinbulvinter


Author's Note

Sinbulvinter
This chapter contains mentions of murder, mild gore and blood, mentions of drug use, mentions of prostitution, and themes that may disturb or upset the reader.

Meet Frey and Rema, two serial killers with closets lined with skeletons and secrets.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You can tell you are really into what you are writing and that is what makes this stand out.Great job.

Posted 7 Years Ago


yeah ted bundy and Jeffery dahmar are my favorite serial killers that I research about so I really enjoyed this chapter

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sinbulvinter

7 Years Ago

Yeah theres a movie about Kuklinski, its a good watch
And no, surprisingly I never heard of h.. read more
genocide

7 Years Ago

cool there's a movie on dahmer and two movies on ted bundy one called the deliberate stranger
Sinbulvinter

7 Years Ago

Wanna know something interesting about Bundy? A friend of my Mom's actually lived on the same block.. read more
A amazing story written dear writer.
"I used to be a victim, but now I'm a monster... I'm just as bad. If not worse. "
I liked the story line, the characters and the good description used. Thank you for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sinbulvinter

7 Years Ago

Thank you. Serial killers have always been a obsession of mine, and I wondered a lot what makes the.. read more
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I have a serial killer story too. Always a interesting tale to be written when a serial killer is in.. read more
Sinbulvinter

7 Years Ago

Serial Killers are an interesting topic to write about, and you can really do so much with it as wel.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

281 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 14, 2016
Last Updated on October 14, 2016
Tags: murder, serial killers, dark, angst, thriller, horror, blood, death, romance, mental issues, ptsd, abuse, trauma, psychological thriller


Author

Sinbulvinter
Sinbulvinter

Ephrata, PA



About
Sinbulvinter: Name is based off of the Norse Mythological Event known as Fimbulvetr (Fimbulvinter, Fimbulwinter.) It means "The Great Winter." It is the immediate prelude to the events of Ragnarö.. more..

Writing