Halfway to the Devil (333)

Halfway to the Devil (333)

A Story by poetic-raven2012

Halfway to the Devil (333)

            Halfway to the Devil, I stopped to play in a field of blood roses. Lonely and alone, they take me as one of their own, and they teach me their games. They teach me to stare into the nothingness, to pretend to see the sunset, to pretend to exist. They teach me to be the 333. Halfway to the Devil, I learn neutrality.

            They allow me to stay in their field for a few days. I am a friend to them, until I step wrong. Inevitably, my mistake is made.  I step wrong, and underneath my careless feet, I crush a leaf of one of my new friends. They turn against me like all before them have, they hurt me like all before them have.  When I ask to stay, they cry out in outrage, and then they attack.

            I’m halfway to the Devil, and covered in blood. I take one look down the dark road ahead of me, and rather than heading back towards the light, I continue forward. I leave the 333, I leave neutrality, and behind, I leave a piece of me.

            I reach 666; I’m beyond the Devil’s door. I step inside, and the blood disappears. I have no blood left to bleed, now that I am one with the Devil. It is too dark here for me, though, and I turn back towards 333 and the blood roses.

            I join them this time, and now they accept me unconditionally, because now I am like them; now I have no blood. I sit along the road with them, waiting for the next person to come here, to pass through Neutrality on their way to the Devil. Now, like them, I am in lust for the blood I no longer have; I too am a blood rose with no blood.

© 2010 poetic-raven2012


Author's Note

poetic-raven2012
This idea started because my friend asked me what time it was. I told her 3:33, and she was like, halfway to the devil. So I wrote this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amen sister. 666 all the way. The Devil is awesome. He stood up to a tyrant!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Haha! Half way to the devil... I like it. LOL! It's original and enjoyable! very nice indeed my friend! VERY NICE!

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is awsome, the concept is original, talented creative writing, darkly
ambitious leaves the reader seeing red and black, i really liked it

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2572 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 19, 2010
Last Updated on July 19, 2010

Author

poetic-raven2012
poetic-raven2012

Baltimore, MD



About
Hiya. I'm Jenn, I'm fifteen. I have the five most amazing best friends in the world. ♥ I spend as much time as possible with them as possible. I hate being home; my mom and I constantly fight. .. more..

Writing
dd dd

A Poem by poetic-raven2012



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Control. Control.

A Book by Kimmi