The song from the bell

The song from the bell

A Poem by J. Marc
"

philosophical

"
The song from the bell


Indeed, the most terrible of all things
Is the human being in his silliness.
Pity the person who shed the heavenly light
Upon someone who does not understand eternity
For this light will not shine upon him
It can only put fire and reduce to ashes
Cities and countryside alike.

© 2009 J. Marc


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It's very true that even those with good intentions may do horrible things to forward a dogma that they may or may not even comprehend. In the second line, would "folly" carry more appropriate connotation than "silliness.". I think of the latter as more a measure of goofiness vs. the former (which brings mire foolish undertone to mind).

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Eternity consists of one’s own system of beliefs; all the fires in their meanest light are simply the culmination of fears. For the rest it’s an act of cleansing which is inevitably followed by a deluge of mud sliding rain, and precious tender shoots, well open to the light that naturally will not shine upon him until the sky line is clear, there is a life limit to the lower canopy and though the upper reaches rarely perish fully, a temporary demise is necessary so the 7 or so cycle below might regenerate from seeds all over again. Oh the parallels are just fantastic I think. Fire is as life giving as water and sunlight can be, and so it has to be excepted and expected.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

it can only put fire and reduce to ashes
cities and countryside alike
wise very wise...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It takes a long time for the children to grow up. Of course there are no guarantees, but, like seeds cast upon the wind, some will survive, and thrive. In our case the "fate" appears to be at least partly internal. Conscious seeds, imagine that!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

603 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 28, 2009

Author

J. Marc
J. Marc

Antananarivo, Madagascar



About
body {background-color:FFCC66;background-image:url(http://);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left;background-attachment:fixed;} table, tr, td {background:transparent; border:0p.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


to my Muse to my Muse

A Poem by Emily B