Chapter 2- Roulette

Chapter 2- Roulette

A Chapter by revenant21

She held the gun facing the police officer and his team in front of her. Their hands were on their weapons, ready to draw if needed. Her hands were trembling on the .45 caliber revolver. Her eyes reflected confusion and an air of desperation. They won’t convince me of a thing, Jessica thought angrily. He told me he loved me, he said he would come back for me later. He would come back for her, he told her so. He wouldn’t’ve lied to her, Jonathan wouldn’t do that to her. He loved her, and she loved him.  
    The police officer began to speak to her, but the sound was almost completely blocked out because of her confused sobs. “Ma’am, my officers and I are prepared to shoot you, if need be. We will fire if it means the protection of my officers and I, as well as you and your child.” She had almost forgotten about Charlie. He lay crying in his crib. His frail, pale body lay in the crib, crying for comfort from his mother, who stood holding the gun. A man in a suit, black as pitch stood next to her, although the police would never see him. His body was invisible to them. Therefore, he does not exist. “Jessica,” He spoke. “ They’re bluffing, dear. They won’t shoot you, they won’t do it. It’s not like you could hurt anyone with it. Remember, dear, you emptied the rounds before they came, it’s empty.” The lie rolled off of his tongue so simple, and so natural. “Just convince them that it’s empty, and they will leave you alone, and you can wait for your beloved Jonathan.”
    “The gun’s empty,” She repeated mechanically. “I emptied it earlier before you came, I’ll prove it.” She did as the man in the suit commanded, and did her best to convince them that the revolver, held in her shaking hands, was empty. Jessica put the .45 to her head and the man in the suit said, “Good, good, Jessica, that will prove it to them.”
She pulled back them hammer. “Goodbye, Jessica.” The man told her. She replied, “Bye-bye, Azrael.” She smiled her goodbye and pulled the trigger.
    Azrael’s form began to fade from the scene. His blonde hair rippling with his body. Sagun fluttered ghost-liked with the invisible entity of Azrael, traveling through the streets.   

 



© 2009 revenant21


Author's Note

revenant21
Yes, the man is the same from the first chapter, and I am aware that i put blonde hair instead of black. it was all intentional, it will come out in the end.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

So mommy's dead? Damn you. Poor baby. Oh well. It was still a very very nice chapter. I love it! Again, excellent descriptions and emotions. I can feel and easily see whats happening in the scene. Great job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 4, 2009


Author

revenant21
revenant21

GA



About
more..

Writing
Ride Ride

A Story by revenant21


untitled untitled

A Poem by revenant21