Life and Death

Life and Death

A Poem by Lina
"

satiric approach to what life and death is to me

"

In life comes death, done and dusted. No two ways about it, not one nor three.

I find it reassuring, the only truth that exists in this realm; we are born and then we die. 

If you are hoping that this is going to be a depressing dark collection, then please flip away, because it is no more dark than it is light. 

In life comes consequences, done and dusted. No easy pass, no fluffy rainbows nor butterflies. To hope for less than more, always pokes the beast within the fire. Flaming wooden boxes spontaneously combust for lack of interaction within the four walls. Death, again, lingers, and reminds us of all of this. Strange enough we feel it, we demand it, and we reprimand it. Slowly drying out our souls, our fears, our dreams.

In life comes power, done and dusted. No weakness, nor impossibilities, merely choice.

© 2011 Lina


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ian
All I have to say is that that was very well written. I believe that what you speak is the truth.
Keep up the good work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is interesting. I like the lines "...it is no more dark than it is light" and "to hope for less than more."

"Flaming wooden boxes spontaneously combust" -- combust means to be consumed by fire, so it would seem to me that flaming wooden boxes are already on fire, already consumed by fire. And, if these four walls (are there no doors or windows?) all that makes up the room, would the subsequent lack of oxygen put the fire out? Is that the point? Not sure.

I like also, "strange enough we feel it, we demand it, and we reprimand it."

thanks!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Loved the poem, especially the ending

A very true poem, that like the person said under me is expressive and sad

Keep up the good poems

Posted 12 Years Ago


In life comes consequences, done and dusted. No easy pass, no fluffy rainbows nor butterflies. To hope for less than more, always pokes the beast within the fire.

I really loved this part, This is sad really and so well expressed. Nicely written.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

296 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 20, 2011
Last Updated on December 31, 2011
Tags: Life, Death, Satire, poetry, catharsis, meaning, reasoning, opinion

Author

Lina
Lina

Amman, -, Jordan



Writing
An ode to loss An ode to loss

A Poem by Lina


Tolerance Tolerance

A Story by Lina



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..