Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Of Pasta and Curry and Bicycles and a Ferrari

Of Pasta and Curry and Bicycles and a Ferrari

A Poem by poetry-kiddo alienbaba
"

Well....i was searchin for recipes and guess what i ended up doin... blame it on writers cafe.

"



Did I tell you how to make time stand still?

Simple....take a deep breathe ...hold it in your abdomen and watch the world around you...its moving on....while you have temporarily frozen yourself...frozen in time....
from that perspective ......even a busy schedule seems like a Holiday...

Have you seen Mr.Beans film Holiday?....love it...bet you will too...
makes me think the way i do....
I loved watchin Tom and Jerry on a lazy Sunday evenin.
I loved makin merry when Mary was out partin'
I loved to love you watch yourself in the shattered excuse for a mirror,
I loved to love you my love ...the way i loved you in your parlor....

I thought you were a goddess with six arms and a bindi,
You laughed and said you felt like a demoness high on Brandy,
They called you a vamp and called me a tramp and chased us out,
Now all that makes sense to me beyond any shadow of doubt!

Fragrant leaves in the turmeric Curry and a pinch of costly Saffron,
Oregano sprinkled tasty Pasta but whats the use now you're gone.
Tropical Coconuts and Tangy Tangerines and a whiff of juiced lemongrass,
Tamarind Chutney while dancing Tango or footloose after Music class.

Why this melancholy this mellow evening....
why this metaphor-tinged reckoning....
Why am i feeling the way I always feel....
Is it the spirit-world beckoning?
Fly away little fairy....take your time and don't hurry....
Spread your good cheer lil dearie...to your new man and  kids and dont worry...
Its happenin for a reason....this time-shift from a cycle to a Ferrari...
You dine on Pasta...while I relish my Curry....
Life is a Blast and I never am weary.
                                                                         

© 2011 poetry-kiddo alienbaba


Author's Note

poetry-kiddo alienbaba
Again an outta season poem.
Are you a pasta girl or a curry girl?
Are you a cycle or a Ferrari guy?
Would you sit on my cycle if I offered you a lift? ...or would you prefer sir Richard Branson and his Ferrari?
Would you ride a cycle to office if you were Richard Branson ?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love curry (and turmeric and tamarind, oh yes!), forget the pasta and throw out the car as well, I'll use my feet. I'll accept a ride on your cycle for a while, reminds me of being a kid, why don't I ride my bike anymore? Maybe I'll join you with on my own bicycle...funny, you are on the other side of the world and yet your world seems familiar, more familiar than my own in some ways, how can that be?

Thanks for the tip on how to make time stand still...it works, I just tried it. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hahaha loved the casual nature of this. Well penned. Feel free to check out my somewhat similar work 'jillian'

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You have just made me hungry with those pictures. Great write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love curry (and turmeric and tamarind, oh yes!), forget the pasta and throw out the car as well, I'll use my feet. I'll accept a ride on your cycle for a while, reminds me of being a kid, why don't I ride my bike anymore? Maybe I'll join you with on my own bicycle...funny, you are on the other side of the world and yet your world seems familiar, more familiar than my own in some ways, how can that be?

Thanks for the tip on how to make time stand still...it works, I just tried it. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

:) nice one

Posted 12 Years Ago


Your writing amuses me so much, no kidding. I love it! It's so thoughtfull, and not in that monotone logical way. Keep it up man. You're one of my favorites, that's for sure.

Posted 12 Years Ago


hahahaha, this is one wonderful bit of philosophy. you really should be a teacher

Posted 12 Years Ago


Love this :) Your style is unique. I'm a pasta girl and I prefer Ferarri's to bikes... :L

Posted 12 Years Ago


Not only have you made me hungry for life ..I'm ready for a ride..xx I love your style, it's unique. xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow haha i loved it one of my favorites [: ha it was very interesting but awesome! ^_^

Posted 12 Years Ago


very cool concept! the poem rocks! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

567 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 25, 2011
Last Updated on June 25, 2011
Tags: pasta curry time cycle ferrari

Author

poetry-kiddo alienbaba
poetry-kiddo alienbaba

Shambala, North



About
whatsapp +91-9970061060 a faster way to reachout... This one is Alienbaba Rockstarmono Poetry-kiddo This one belongs to you and you are free to belong to anyone you please. This one resides in the.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Biting Back Biting Back

A Poem by Bubo