don't forget to love your parents

don't forget to love your parents

A Poem by Ryn

-take long drives with your mom, let her tell you stories of how life used to be before your dad moved out. let her cry in front of you, and laugh at all of her jokes. because she is just trying to know the daughter that she has raised, hoping that she raised you better than she ever was.
visit your dad as often as you can. let him tell you stories of his childhood, even when hes had too many jack daniels that day and he makes too many jokes. kiss him on the cheek before you leave, so that you can remember his touch. listen to him when he says he loves you, even though he had to leave you with your mother. tell him you miss him on the hard days when even your mom is too sad to be okay.
remember that with every year they get older too. and that they were once just two kids in love. remember that sometimes love doesnt last, and that they are trying their hardest to give you the world, even though theirs fell apart.
dont forget that theyre still human, and that words still hurt them too. remember that they still dont know what they are doing, even though they claim to be.
tell your mom its okay to be happy sometimes.
and tell your dad its okay to cry.
dont be afraid to tell them the truth. dont be afraid to ask for help.
take long drives with your mother, and visit your dad often. because one day we will all be gone, and it would be so sad to not get to know the ones who brought you into this world.-

© 2016 Ryn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on February 12, 2016
Last Updated on February 13, 2016
Tags: poem, love

Author

Ryn
Ryn

Writing
1 am 1 am

A Poem by Ryn


home home

A Poem by Ryn


9 pm 9 pm

A Poem by Ryn