Chapter 8: Help Me Remember

Chapter 8: Help Me Remember

A Chapter by Sam Kulii
"

Traveler II

"

“Where are we?”  Niels asked the Traveler.


“You mean ‘when’ are we.”  The Traveler responded.  


“Yes…. When are we?”


“I don’t particularly know….  Only time will tell….”


Niels gave the Traveler an odd look.  


“So how do we find yourself?”  He asked.


“That’s a better question….  During my travels, I’ve managed to acquire several trinkets and mementos to help remember who I was.  I actually forgot who I was during my arduous travels… it’s the true curse.”


“True curse?”


“Every Immortal has a curse, Immortality comes with a price, the True curse.  Time travel was my gift, but me losing the memories of who I was is my curse.”


“I’m sorry about that…. mister?”


“I don’t need your pity, every Immortal has a choice…. you can either accept or decline the Gift.  I chose to accept it.  That mean I must deal with the consequences of my actions….”


“Can I ask you why you chose to accept the gift?”


“I-I can’t remember…. That’s one of the reasons I needed somebody’s help.  To help me remember.  So I don’t forget again.  Do you know what it’s like to live your life in an endless loop.  To see everything once, twice, and again!  It never ends… I need your help to break the loop.  I need my memory back to remember where I’ve been, so I don’t end up repeating my actions.”


“I’ve already agreed to help you…. mister….  I’m sorry, since I don’t know your name, I don’t know what to call you.”


“It’s okay, Niels.  For now, you can just call me the Traveler…. or mister.”  The man said with a half smile.  


“Don’t worry, mister.  I’ll help you remember!”  There was a brief moment of silence, until the Traveler fell over and began to weep.


“Why are you crying?”


“It’s tears of relief….  You don’t know what it’s like to loop through life without any friends.  It’s nice to just have someone in your presence…. We don’t even have to be friends, just assist me through my journey.”


“I agree!”  Niels  said with enthusiasm.  


“First order of business, remember my name!”




© 2016 Sam Kulii


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on February 15, 2016
Last Updated on February 15, 2016


Author

Sam Kulii
Sam Kulii

NC



About
Just an aspiring writer. more..

Writing