Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter 3:  The Traveler

Chapter 3: The Traveler

A Chapter by Sam Kulii
"

Part 3

"

“Excuse me sir, do you know where I can find the Laria Academy?”


“Huh… What do you want with the Academy?”


“Well, I want to study there of course.  I want to become a theorist.”


“A theorist…. you say.  What if I tell you a crazy theory…. Would you believe me.”


“It depends on how ludicrous it is.”


“What is your name child.”


“My name is Niels.”  


“Well, Niels… What if told you I can travel through time…”


“I would say you were insane.  That’s impossible.  There is no way that we can travel back and forth through time.”


“You say that is impossible…. but I’ve done it.  I’ve done it many times.”


“Mmmhm…. And why are you traveling through time.  What are you searching for?”


“Not what… but who?  I’m looking for myself.”


“Looking for yourself….  That doesn’t make any sense, you’re standing right in front of me.”


“Not present me…. But myself years ago.  I’ve lived a long life, and I forgot who I was.  I need to remember who I was, so that I will be able to ready to become the person I’ll become.  I don’t even know what my name is…..”


“How can you forget your own name…. how old are you.”


“That right there!  I don’t know how old I am either…. You see, I’m an Immortal.”


“You m-mean, one of the Thirteen?”


“That’s correct.”


“I’ve read books about the Thirteen Immortals, I thought it was pure folk tale.  But… you’re real.  Where are the rest of you?  I have several questions to ask them!”


“I don’t know…. we all don’t live in the same city.  We come in many different shapes and sizes, molded and cursed by our past lives and transgressions.  The rest of us are out there somewhere, hiding in plain sight.”


“That is remarkable….”


“Now, will you assist me with my journey?  I must find out who I am.”


“I don’t know…. I’ve always wanted to travel to Laria to attend the Academy.  It’s the only academy in O”Leus, and I must practice the theories they teach.”


“You mean their lies….  Those so called theories stated that I couldn’t go into the past…. but I did.”


“I’m sorry, old man.  Even if you really are an Immortal and you could travel through time… that’s not where my life leads.”


“On the contrary… Your story does unfold with me.  I already know you’re coming with me…. because we’ve already had this conversation…”


“Stop it, sir.  You’re simply sounding like a crazy old man.  I don’t believe a single word you’re spewing.”


“Your father’s name is Christian, and your mother’s name is Ellen.  Your older sister is a teacher in Praya.  She is the reason you want to become a teacher yourself.”


“H-How did you know that?”


“I’ve told you countless times…. This already happened…. I know everything about you…. I even know when you’re going to die…”


“Enough okay.  This is just too much.  Do you think my life is one big joke to you…?”


“I don’t… In fact, you’re going to do big things in this world.  Even bigger than your sister.  But you must accept my invitation.”


“Your invitation?”


“Yes… My invitation to travel with me.”


“Fine, I’ll accept. But answer me this… Will I have enough time left to fulfill my hopes and dreams?”


“All the time in the world…”


“Fine…. So how does this work?”


“You simply shake my hand, and accept my invitation.  After that, I’ll do the rest.”


“Well…. here goes nothing….”



© 2015 Sam Kulii


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on December 14, 2015
Last Updated on December 14, 2015
Tags: fantasy, dragons, romance, dark


Author

Sam Kulii
Sam Kulii

NC



About
Just an aspiring writer. more..

Writing